“GREAT STAY”
Review of Hampton Inn Provo

Hampton Inn Provo
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed 16 August 2017

This Hotel is always our favorite when we visit our Grandchildren and their families in Provo. This Hampton has a Good location, very nice rooms, and the Best Staff anywhereI would recommend it to anyone traveling to, or passing through Provo.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Brandon T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the review recognizing "the Best Staff anywhere". We look forward to your next family visit in Provo.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Provo

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The rooms at this Hampton Inn are satisfactory, but nothing special, except over-priced. There are a lot of plugs to recharge phones, computers, and the like, but the room doors are very noisy when they close, and the walls provide the same sound-proofing as paper mache. In other words, if you are on the first floor, don't expect quiet, restful sleep. The room clock also does not illuminate, so it is impossible to see the time in the dark. But the real "star" of my stay was Valerie, a front-office employee who helps with the breakfast. Based upon my experience, Valerie is uncivil, impolite and downright rude. I was traveling with my dog, which this hotel allows. I specifically did not take my dog near the breakfast buffet, and I chose a table right next to the front desk, really in the lobby. Even though there was no sign that I could not sit there with my dog, and even though the front desk clerk saw me sit down there with my dog, Valerie proceeded to yell across the breakfast room, so that everyone in the area and lobby could hear, that I had to leave immediately. She could have simply walked over and told me, and I would have complied, but Valerie evidently has no such manners. Apparently, it is far better in Valerie's mind to embarrass and humiliate guests than treating her supposed issue quietly or privately. In my opinion, shame on Hilton for hiring an employee like Valerie and for letting her anywhere near guests. Shame on Hilton for not training its staff to be polite and civil. I, for one, will think long and hard before staying at another Hilton lodging. There is a Fairfield Inn and a Sleep Inn right next door. There is thus no reason to stay at the Hampton Inn and to risk having to encounter and deal with Valerie.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Laurence H
Brandon T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

I appreciate the opportunity of this forum to address your experience. I apologize that during the encounter you felt embarrassed and humiliated. This gives us a great opportunity and lesson for improving our approach and our staff communication when addressing situations that violate law. We do allow pets in our hotel and will continue to do so. While we do allow them in our hotel for guests, pets are not allowed in eating establishments per FDA and local health department laws. This includes kitchen, serving, and dining areas. This is not new and only a few exceptions exist to this law. While this situation was not ideal many of our guests have had great experiences with our staff at breakfast that can be referenced by the many positive reviews on this site. In addition this has given our hotel staff new ways to make sure all of our guests understand what is expected when bringing pets into the hotel.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I stayed here twice within a couple weeks. Rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was outstanding and always very helpful, great job to all of them! Only thing I will say is parking gets quite crowded when hotel is totally booked, But give it a try, great stopover on my road trip.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bigraider
Brandon T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thanks for the review and the feedback on the parking. We have some addition parking in the credit union to the north that allows us to overflow. We hope to see you on your next road trip.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Great hotel! -- very clean, close to major attractions in Utah County. I booked this room during a large convention in SLC, so the rate was higher than normal but still reasonable. Otherwise, the place is a "10" in every category.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate the Great hotel review and the 10 in every category. Thanks!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We traveled 4000 miles and only stayed at a hotel for at most two nights and this was by far our favorite. The bathroom was very large and the sleeping area was room as well. They had two full length mirrors, refrigerator, and microwave. There was a pool, hot tub and fitness room. Very comfortable beds, lots of pillows and clean top cover.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

We appreciate you reviewing our hotel and awarding us the best on your trip. We hope to see you on your next trip.