“Food is Good, View is Extraordinary ”

Cliffside Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 262 Restaurants in St. George
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Artfully presented dishes all so tasty just at expection.

Our waitress was a sweetheart and especially helpful at all times with just the right amount of attention for two middle-aged men.

Pork on the bone dish was a unique and very filling treasure. Fish is thoughtfully prepared, nicely sauced.

C. Trevor N, Manager at Cliffside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Hello and thank you for dining here at Cliffside Restaurant.

We love hearing about our guests positive experiences here. We pride ourselves on quality fresh food and great service. I'm glad you could experience the Cliffside we strive for.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We ate dinner here twice. The pear and 4cheese pasta and the flat iron steak were great. But the second night we both had fish tacos that were supposed to be gluten free and my husband got very sick because he is Celiac. They reiterated that the dish was gluten free, but there must have been something on the fish or in the sauce. Made for a very rough night on vacation.

1  Thank Sandra E
C. Trevor N, Manager at Cliffside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hello Sandra-

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your meals the first night but I'm not sure what happened the second night because our Fish Taco Duo dish is 100% gluten free and the kitchen does everything they can to make sure all allergies are handled carefully. We even have a gluten free fryer. I know you spoke with the chef the next morning and I hope his insight helped.
We hope to see you again when you're back in the area.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Next to the Inn on the Cliff, this restaurant is a treat. The views (as with the Inn) are amazing. For lunch, you overlook the mountains and at night you see the twinkling lights of St. George's. If you're lucky you see the moon rise up over the mountains! The food is excellent. For lunch had the pear pasta - amazing - must have. For dinner had some salmon which was delicious and the filet also excellent. Everything was perfect. The staff is very nice and tries very hard. Sometimes the bread comes after the meal but they mean well. Only wine and beer available and you cannot take with you into the room, but I think that is Utah laws......Highly recommend this place for a special occasion if you are in town.

Hello and thank you for your review of Cliffside Restaurant!
We love to hear about our guests experiences when dining here. It sounds like you got to enjoy Cliffside the way it is meant to be.

If you are ever back in town, we would love to have you dine here again.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Took my wife here for her birthday. We had the pork shank, which absolutely delicious and no knife required tender. The pork was laying on top of mashed sweet potatoes, which screamed yum at every bite. The beans were under done but the other courses were so wonderful I had to give the experience a 5. Falcon the waiter was good but not great, said he would bring us bread when we ordered and we had to ask about the bread after our meals were delivered.

Hello and thank you for dining at Cliffside Restaurant.

We love to hear about our guests and their great dining experiences. I'm glad you enjoyed your Pork Shank as it is one of my personal favorites as well.

Be sure to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We went here to celebrate my birthday. Nice setting on a cliff with great view overlooking the city. The food was very good -- berry salad & tomato toast for starters, pork shank & pear pasta for entrees and Lilikoi cheesecake for dessert. However, the downside was the noise, so loud the server had trouble hearing us. We did have a large group behind us but I suspect it would still have been somewhat noisy without the group. Because of that, if we lived in this area, not sure how often we would go back despite the excellent food.

Hello and thank you for your comments.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal here at Cliffside Restaurant. We have tried our hardest to work with the noise issue, installing sound panels on the walls and ceilings and also having a few barrier walls, though to maintain the amazing view there isn't much more that can be done, though we will continue to be innovative to find a solution to this issue.

If you are ever back in the area, we would love to have you dine with us again.