“Fabulous B & B”

Green Gate Village Historic Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 St. George B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2009

This historic inn is so very charming. The hosts Ed & Lindy are the best! They go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible, they succeed! The suites are charming and have an old charm to them along with lots of history. I defininately will return!! Close to Zion Nat'l Park and a couple hours away from Bryce Canyon. Flew into Las Vegas and the drive to St.George was very easy. The ampitheatre show is a must too!! Oh, Ed cooks a great breakfast very morning!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 September 2009

Fellow Travelers,

If you’re the sort who has ever longed for such things a spending the night in an actual Pioneer home don’t miss the chance to walk through the Green Gate into the past.

Feel a beautiful mood of the 19th century linked to the comforts of our century. Don’t be surprised if you open an armoire and find a rod and hangers rather than a television. (But not to worry, there is a TV in another cupboard.)

Your eye will be charmed every place it rests, from the houses, to the grounds, to the Judd Store. You will experience the love that this proprietor family has for their village, the way they have preserved the old and yet made it fresh and convenient, the stories they can tell you about it, the delights of the dining room, such as discovering something different about the orange juice. Could it be? Why yes, it was just squeezed.

By launching yourselves backwards, you may come away feeling that you have learned to go more peacefully forward.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2009

My brother and I stayed as Green Gate Village Historic Inn and I couldn't have asked for a a more soothing, relaxing and comforting stay. It was clean, , the breakfast is fantastic, the service is second to none and the info and help they gave us regarding locations for food, entertainment and such was exactly what I needed. It's relaxing and was the first time in 4-5 years I've had a trip that relieved stress and have gotten a good sleep. It's a great place to collect oneself and share timeless moments with family or friends.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I booked 2 nights in the Daniel Suite as an anniversary gift for my husband and I. I actually tried to get into another B&B in St. George, but they were booked. How lucky that I ended up here instead!

The grounds are lovely and tidy with flowers everywhere you look. The room was very spacious and nicely decorated. We enjoyed relaxing in the large tub both nights and taking turns reading in the sunroom, a nice surprise. In the evening we lit the candles in the fireplace and chatted about how quiet and restful the whole place is.

Breakfast was wonderful both mornings and we talked with two other lovely couples, and the owners. I'm now on the hunt for an apple baking dish after they brought us baked apples in them. Outstanding.

There is a little ice cream/soda shop (Judd's) on the site. We spent a plesant 20 minutes chatting with Tiffany who was running the shop. She said that from 11 to 3 on a weekday, the place is so packed you can't step inside! Lucky for us it was early on a Saturday. They must have had 60 or 70 specialty sodas up on a wall. The Hank's Berry is fantastic.

We spent the evenings walking the town square which is across the street. Extremely tidy and safe, with beautiful historic buildings, it just added to our enjoyable weekend as did the Green Gate's close vicinity to local historical sites and art galleries. We were sad to leave as we headed out to hike in Zion on Sunday, less than an hour away.

We enjoyed this so much that we're thinking of repeating the trip next year.

Is everything perfect? Nope. These are old homes and require constant upkeep I'm sure. If you want the perfection of a newly renovated Hilton... go there. This was perfect for us who wanted a more personal experience. We were treated exceptionally well and had all the best comforts (including a bottle of sparkling cider in the room when we arrived and a "Happy Anniversary" note. How nice is that?) I wish I could give this place 10 stars.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2009

From the moment I stepped on the Green Gate Village property until I left two days later, I was hosted by a warm and congenial couple, the owners of this quaint and historical site. The rooms were charming with comfortable beds, television set and decor reflecting the period of the 1800's from whence the history of the complex begins. The stay included a wonderful breakfast prepared by the owner hosts. It is served in a lovely dining room with round tables giving easy conversational access to other guests. I loved the interaction with the people I met from various areas of the United States. For those interested in the history of the complex, there is a printed brochure telling the background of each of the houses that are part of the "Village." It isn't a long walk to go to shops in the area and several historical sites are close by. I especially enjoyed the tasty ice cream at the country store which is also a part of the "Village." My stay was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend Green Gate Village in St. George, Utah as a great choice for all of the reasons given above.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends