“Wow the German Food!”

Bohemian Brewery
Ranked #13 of 227 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

My initial experience was not great. The restaurant had small tables and areas for big groups plus the bar. I sat at the small tables and watched waitress after waitress walk by as they worked the bigger groups. Luckily Taylor saved the day. She wasn't even my server but she took care of me and grabbed me a tasty beverage - btw the sizes range from normal to HUGE for beers so be prepared to either man up and get a big drink or be ok with a beer mug of reasonable size that comes with a girly name. The beer was great but a guy from one of the large groups bumped my table and spilled my drink all over. Again, Taylor to the rescue. She refilled my beer and got my table all cleaned up.
Now on to the menu. I always ask what the best thing they serve is. Taylor recommended a german dish with brats, sauerkraut, and potato dumplings with bacon. Wow! She was right - so good!
At any rate, it is a bit crowded but worth it. A fun place to go, with tasty drinks and food. If you like German fare and giant beer glasses you will have a blast.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Went there for lunch today. I had a Reuben and my daughter had a portabello mushroom on a roll. Both were excellent. Portions were of a good size - not skimpy but not humongous - leading to a comfortable feeling after lunch. Ambience was good and our waiter was attentive without being obnoxious. We enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is a unique spot. Handcrafted beer, an Eastern European menu (mostly) -- and beer hall style decor -- combine to make Boemian Brewery a spot worth putting on your "regulars" list. It's hard to order anything bad -- and if your ancestry traces back to Germany (as mine does) - this is like visting Grandma's house for Sunday dinner.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Reuben is my favorite sandwich. I did not expect what I received. While the sandwich was made with white bread instead of rye bread and thousand island replaced with some unknown yet tasty sauce. I would give it an 8 out of 10. The garlic fries were a pleasant surprise if not be bit strong. I agree with other reviews the prices are on the high side. Still a great experience overall. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Love this restaurant. I have been coming here regularly since moving to Utah 5 years ago. It has the most inviting and comfortable atmosphere and arguably the best wait staff I have had the pleasure to be served by. Their food is consistently excellent and the beer is great. Most of their beer is the regulation 4% in Utah, but the flavors are exciting. I love the Cherny Bock and Noble Hefeweizen. They also have seasonal specials and canned higher alcohol % options that are also delicious. They are classic Czech beer styles. I have never had a bad entree or food item there. We especially like the following: Blackberry Bourbon Chicken, Sausages & Pierogis, Beef Stroganoff, fish and chips, meatloaf, Boho schnitzel, roasted beet sald, and for dessert, the apple strudel is awesome. The best dessert is their Italian lemon creme cake, but it is a seasonal special and not always available. I am never disappointed when I eat there. You will become a big fan as well.