“What a mess, Hotel under major renovovation/construction”

Holiday Inn - South Jordan - SLC South
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in South Jordan
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I have stayed at this hotel many times and never had such a mess. The hotel is under a major renovation to change to a Holiday Inn and the construction inside the hotel and on the outside is major. the noise, the re-routing of guests to get into the hotel with no handicap entrance or parking with a ramp, the dust on everything and the fruit fly's in the dining room are just too much. When I booked multiple rooms for our family stay for 4 nights I was not informed of the construction or any change to the hotel. I also confirmed our reservation 3 days prior to arrival and again not informed. When we arrived it appeared the hotel was closed, we went in a construction entrance to a temporary office where I asked why I was not informed I was told they are suppose to tell people but it seems this is not happening. We were offered a soda and or a candy/nuts to help offset the mess of the hotel. The dining room has fruit fly's all over the food and your breakfast. The rooms were fully remodeled and very nice but getting to them was a little challenging due to the uneven floors ( torn up carpet/tile) and the dust every where was unreal. The staff was nice and kept apologizing for the mess and inconvenience but I would really like to have been informed prior to my arrival and given the chance to go somewhere else. The construction crews were working on the front of the hotel and our rooms were also on the front of the hotel so at 7 am we had the crane lifts beeping outside our windows and the crew began cutting off the siding and windows of our rooms with us inside trying to sleep and get dressed. I really had higher expectations of the Country Inn Suites/Carlson Hotel Chain to treat the guests better. When I asked if we were getting double points or a room discount due to the construction I was advised they could not do anything. Well I will think twice before returning to a Country Inn again.

Room Tip: Another hotel while this one is under construction.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I was disappointed that the fact the hotel was under extreme renovation was not disclosed. For the price it was still okay, but overall I still would have expected a discount, or some sort of heads up about the construction. The whole Lobby was in shambles, and my children couldn't even walk down to the pool without extreme worry and discomfort. The Breakfast was good though!

Reviewed 11 September 2016

The hotel was under construction or refurbishment inside and out. Very dusty and messy inside and out. The breakfast room was infested with flys or fruit flies. We were not told about the construction until we arrived and thought that the hotel was closed. I had to go inside when I found a construction entrance and called for someone to attend the temporary front desk. Finally someone arrived and I asked if they were open and he said yes. I had reservations and asked why we were not told about the construction. Well he said we can offer you a water, soda and your choice of candy bar for your inconvenience! Our family had a block of three rooms reserved for four days and no one was informed. In the morning we were awakened by construction cranes outside our window using a saw to cut into the siding with workers behind our blinds.

Room Tip: Pick another location or wait until construction complete. Its going to be a Holiday Inn hotel, not...
Reviewed 6 September 2016

1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
3.5 km away
SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Draper

Been to Holiday Inn - South Jordan - SLC South? Share your experiences!