I have stayed at this hotel many times and never had such a mess. The hotel is under a major renovation to change to a Holiday Inn and the construction inside the hotel and on the outside is major. the noise, the re-routing of guests to get into the hotel with no handicap entrance or parking with a ramp, the dust on everything and the fruit fly's in the dining room are just too much. When I booked multiple rooms for our family stay for 4 nights I was not informed of the construction or any change to the hotel. I also confirmed our reservation 3 days prior to arrival and again not informed. When we arrived it appeared the hotel was closed, we went in a construction entrance to a temporary office where I asked why I was not informed I was told they are suppose to tell people but it seems this is not happening. We were offered a soda and or a candy/nuts to help offset the mess of the hotel. The dining room has fruit fly's all over the food and your breakfast. The rooms were fully remodeled and very nice but getting to them was a little challenging due to the uneven floors ( torn up carpet/tile) and the dust every where was unreal. The staff was nice and kept apologizing for the mess and inconvenience but I would really like to have been informed prior to my arrival and given the chance to go somewhere else. The construction crews were working on the front of the hotel and our rooms were also on the front of the hotel so at 7 am we had the crane lifts beeping outside our windows and the crew began cutting off the siding and windows of our rooms with us inside trying to sleep and get dressed. I really had higher expectations of the Country Inn Suites/Carlson Hotel Chain to treat the guests better. When I asked if we were getting double points or a room discount due to the construction I was advised they could not do anything. Well I will think twice before returning to a Country Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Holiday Inn South Jordan. Salt Lake’s newest and most modern Holiday Inn hotel. We are located just minutes away from all of Salt Lake City’s major attractions and business, landmarks, outdoor activities, world class skiing at Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, and Solitude Resorts, as well as shopping, museums and events. Business and leisure travelers can unwind in our modern rooms featuring plush pillow top beds, free Wi-Fi, work desks, 43” flat screen televisions, plus microwaves, mini fridges, and gourmet coffee, so you can work and relax in comfort and style. Our new South Jordan hotel features everything you need for an enjoyable, stress free stay. Our business center, 24/7 market, indoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center are available 24 hours. Got a spill? We offer dry cleaning and onsite laundry services. We offer complimentary shuttle services to nearby destinations. Hungry? Enjoy delicious cuisine at our full-service restaurant and bar, open for breakfast and dinner, where kids eat free. With convenient access to UTA Front Runner & Trax stations our South Valley hotel offers quick access to the Cottonwood Ski Resorts, City Creek Center, Temple Square, South Towne Mall, Thanksgiving Point, Cabela’s, Salt Palace Convention Center, South Towne Exposition Center, Gardner Village, Rio Tinto Stadium, and Corner Canyon Equestrian Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, IHG and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn - South Jordan - SLC South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Salt Lake City/South Towne
- Country Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/South Towne Hotel South Jordan
- Country Inn South Jordan
- South Jordan Country Inn