“Wonderful fish and chip shop with friendly staff!”
Review of lil Britain

lil Britain
Ranked #33 of 76 Restaurants in Bennington
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My husband brought me to since part of my family is from the UK. The restaurant features photos of the family, a UK telephone booth, and a map for guests from the UK to place a pin. The fish and chips are done to perfection. Nice, thick cut fries and the slightly fried haddock. There's a small table out front if you want to sit outside, otherwise the seating inside is adequate. It's also across the street from a park where you could picnic. The have yummy local root beers, cream sodas, as well!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I have been to Britain and I can truly say this is the closest to the fish and chips I had there! Crunchy and yummy and plenty to eat! You will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

I have been to Europe and even eaten in pubs in London and across the UK. It's tough to make good fish and chips outside of the UK, don't know why, it just is. We were trying to get into one of the restaurants but it was packed with at least an hour wait. Around the corner was Lil Britain. My husband had the fish and chips (I tasted) and I had the Firehouse burger (The original owner was a fireman).

Wow. Can I say wow? Nice service, great small place, excellent fish and chips and that burger is amazing.

Will go back the next time we're in Bennington. I want to try the bubble and squeak or the steak pie.

1  Thank Annie M
Reviewed 22 October 2014

Tucked away on Highway 7 near the main street of Bennington VT is this gem of a fish and chip shop. There is more to the menu than just fish and chips - there are scallops and a selection of other British items as well (meat pies, sausage rolls, etc). Their prices are quite reasonable and if you get a large portion the servings are more than enough to satisfy your appetite. The owner is super friendly and the service is great. You have to place your own order at the counter and he brings it to your table. The restaurant doesn't look like much from the street but inside is very clean and well lit. If you are passing through the Bennington area and enjoy seafood give Lil Britain a try - you will enjoy it.

1  Thank trainfan2000