“Good food, good service.”
Review of Peppermills - CLOSED

Peppermills
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Peppermills is a typical family-owned restaurant. The food is good and the service is fine. The Penne Gorganzola is a favorite. The burgers are very good with a wide variety of styles. On a nice evening, patio seating can't be beat.

Go on a Friday or Saturday to enjoy seating by Bubbles, the hostess. That's an experience in itself.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Arrived on a Friday night around 8pm, was traveling through Bennington on my way to New Hampshire. Was immediately seated in an otherwise empty dining area between the bar and the main dining room. I was then ignored by three different wait staff and was never checked in on again. I waited about 12 minutes and walked out, unnoticed. The place looks like it has seen better days, but also looked like a spot that locals enjoyed. I'll never know as next time I'm driving through, I'll eat elsewhere.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Great food and service here. Some bar noise if they're busy and there's a TV on ... usually stop for lunch ...glad it's here!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We have had many wonderful meals in Bennington, but not tonight. We had the special, which was pasta with chicken and sausage, as well as pasta in lemon butter sauce. Hard to say which was worse. Dish number 1: Chicken not edible, sauce like ketchup. Dish number 2: Pasta in gelatinous lemon butter garlic gel. Could not eat it.

Waitress was lovely but food was horrible. Go to many of the other wonderful restaurants in Bennington.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have had many meals over the years at this restaurant, but it really seems to be going down hill. Choices are more limited than they used to be, You don't get a salad with your meal any more unless you pay extra for it. The bill for the 3 of us came to $78. And all my son had was a sandwich. No bar bill; just one beer. No desserts. And it was snowing out and freezing cold in the dining room--- the baseboard heater was within reach of us and the heat wasn't even on. All the diners had their coats on. I finally asked the waiter to turn the heat on, and he obliged.
We have decided to cross this off our list of places to eat in Bennington.

1  Thank myersj125