“Lebanese food a special treat in VT”

Alexander's Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Bradford
Price range: US$13 - US$18
Description: At Alexanders Restaurant & Pub, we offer authentic Lebanese and American cuisine.
Reviewed 23 June 2016

A friend and I stumbled on this restaurant while traveling north on Rt. 5. The setting is lovely riverside and the food delicious. The owner, Paul Sarkis, was there to greet us and provided us a constant source of interesting and stimulating conversation. You don't find many folks who have lived or spent time in the Middle East during the era he was there. His perspectives and experiences were solely his and provided us with an unique insight into that part of the world. The chicken dish he recommended was delicious and the desserts were as well.

1  Thank mdecipher

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a quick bite after shopping at the Copeland Furniture Tent sale and this place was recommended. Not sure why. Food was average and the owner alternated between being gregarious and engaging with customers to repeatedly yelling at his staff. He had to take our drink order twice and then proceeded to take the food order of the people who came in after us. Freshly brewed ice tea was excellent but the food was pretty unmemorable. In their defense, the place was down two staff members so they were stretched and we did not try any of the Lebanese house specialties, which other reviews seem to indicate are pretty good. It may have just been a bad day.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Stopped here on a whim as we were out exploring VT. Very charming. Hubby ordered the veggie burger which he found very good & I concur (he shared a bite). My chicken sandwich was very disappointing however. The chicken was so tough I could not eat it (side note: also very little chicken & a lot of bun). I mentioned the toughness of the chicken to the waitress & re-ordered the salmon sandwich (which was great). I really felt like the owner, who seems very active in the business, didn't quite believe me until his chef confirmed that the breast was indeed very tough. The owner told me that they had thrown away the whole breast after realizing how tough it was. I left feeling full (from my salmon) and pleased with the exchange with the manager. However, I'm not sure we will return on our next drive through the area.

1  Thank Cathy H
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Lebanese food was delightful, with many American options as well. The owner is a genuinely nice, warm host and was a pleasure. We've been here in the space's many other establishments and this is my favorite! Can't beat the view, either. We'll surely return.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

My cousin and I visited Alexander's for lunch. The setting is lovely; we had a window table overlooking the river. Although the restaurant offers both more traditional foods as well, we went with the Moroccan. We didn't know what the spices were so we asked. The waitress tried to explain them, but soon out came the chef with a sampling of them for us to taste. Can't beat that for attention! Unfortunately I don't know the names of the dishes we had, but I had a flatbread covered with spice and lemon, and the cauliflower dish, touted as "the best ever." It was super, and also served with lemon wedges. My cousin had a lemon chicken dish. If you check out their website you'll be able to identify these. We really enjoyed ourselves and my husband and I are returning on Saturday evening with friends.

2  Thank Candace R