“You can get hooked at Gilles”
Review of Gillies Restaurant - CLOSED

Gillies Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Food was excellent. My wife order a shrimp basket, and only received 7 shrimp and fries for $13.99 but no cole slaw. The Shrimp was of good size and I thought the value was a good price. I had ordered the fisherman combo platter I had the option of ordering two or three items I choose three, whole belly clams, oyster and shrimp.My order was $23.99. my order came with french fries and cole slaw. My order was so plentiful that I had to take half of it home. The parking lot was dark and was not lit at all. Inside the structure would be ideal for a Mediterranean menu

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Food was delicious, staff very friendly. Great casual place, held wedding reheasal dinner here. Alot of fun.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

The restaurant had great prices and even better food. The king crab legs were very generous large sized legs not the puny ones, not even one puny one. The New England clam chowder was loaded with clams and the lobster Mac n cheese was full of lobster and had a nice crispy crust on top. I very much enjoyed the attentive chef who came out to see how we were enjoying he was friendly and even took the time to teach us a little about seafood. Me and my boyfriend were very impressed by the whole experience and plan to stop by on our next trip to vt.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

Granted, it's not the nicest to look at but the food and service were excellent. We ate there twice during our recent stay in Brattleboro. They have a fantastic Fish & Chips special at $7 as well as an extensive seafood assortment and some sandwich dishes. The large portion pasta dishes can easily feed two people and they will happily split the portions for you. Dessert included some delicious local pies with fresh berries of the season. The principal waiter was a very friendly and helpful young man who went out of his way to be welcoming both times we were there.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

My significant other and I stopped in Gillies Monday July 2.
We ordered our food to go and had about a 25 minute drive home.
The Maine steamers, calamari, clams, crab cakes all traveled well and were fresh and delicious!
Betty the bartender/waitress was wonderful, friendly, helpful and seemed genuinely happy to see us.
We have a local seafood restaurant that pales in comparison, we will definitely make the trip to Gillies when we have a hankering for seafood.