“BBQ, Vegetarian and everything in between”

Top of the Hill Grill
Ranked #5 of 113 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 25 July 2015

Order at the window, sit at the picnic tables and wait for your number to be called. This place has a pretty good variety seeming to focus on BBQ and Cajun. Cajun entrees have been mediocre in my opinion, BBQ is quite good by New England standards. (I'm not saying that to be snobbish about BBQ, just that BBQ is highly regional and you should expect New England BBQ here). Portions are large, come hungry or consider sharing.

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

Large portions of meats and sides for a good price:
The location was packed even for a 7pm dinner.
The atmosphere is outside, with a bunch of picnic tables.
The ONLY thing I would change would probably be asking for the BBQ sauce on the side. It wasn't the greatest.
Both me and my partner's food had so much BBQ it was overpowering the meat taste and I actually didn't even want it any more.

Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

Went to Top of the Hill Grill...it was excellent. The ribs were cooked to perfection. The mac and cheese was to die for. We will be back.

1  Thank alashani
Reviewed 12 July 2015

this place grew out of the owners passion for grilling up some Bbq for his friends and neighbors. for many years, it expanded each summer , now there is outdoor seating looking over the river and indoor heated seating as well. they don't serve alcohol-I assume you can Byob.

1  Thank CNMoore
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Every year we can't wait til Top of the Hill opens for the season. We go often because it's not expensive and it's really good. I have never had anything that would even remotely fall into the "blah" category - I try to get something different but I have my favorites and they are SO good that it's hard to pass them up. The location is great, overlooking what's known as the Retreat Meadows where you can see herons and other birds fishing for their dinner. It's casual and a great place to meet up with friends. I would go every night if my budget allowed.

1  Thank 445sandym