“Excellent street food”

Ranked #112 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Small restaurant open to the street. Excellent Middle Eastern food (pitas, gyros, souvlaki, falafel) -- I had curried chicken pita, my husband had falafel pita, we shared an order of fries. Sat on stools at high table -- very limited seating. Food arrived quickly and was delicious. Right in downtown Burlington. Not expensive. I definitely recommend this place for a wuick, tasty meal on a summer evening.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

While Ali Baba's shop is too small for more than a handful of people to dine at once, they have a decent selection of kabobs, all of which are very tasty and reasonably priced. I work in downtown Burlington and have gotten lunch at Ali Baba's on many occasions over the past 10 years.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Tried this for a 2nd time, thinking 1st time was a fluke, and still found it was nothing to write home about. ...only this time I tried it at the south end art hop. One of the guys working there was so dirty, I got kind of grossed out. 2 falafel balls smashed down to cover pita and the tzaziki was terrible. I can't remember when I have had a falafel like this one, meaning one that was so bland. Never need to go here again.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Have gone by multiple times without going in. Got a gyro on a pita bread, only one between my wife and I, just in case. Yes, waited a bit longer that we should have, yes it was a bot more expensive that it should have been, this is downtown Burlington, after all!
It was tasty, gyro meat was well cooked and plenty of it. Pita was warm. We then went about 50 yards away and got a gyro/pita sandwich from a food truck. It was tasteless.
By the way, they also have french fries and sweet potato fries that they make from scratch. They actually cut the potatoes by hand and then they fry them. Unheard of, these days!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Stumbled into Ahli's after walking around the Burlington farmers market.
I asked Ahli to make a slightly off menu Souvlaki sandwich...and he killed it! Fresh crispy pita, perfectly marinated lamb, feta cheese and Greek dressing with the toppings.

He's serious about his food and menu and it shows. There's lots of great restaurants in Burlington, but you gotta stumble and try it.