WilloBurke Inn & Lodge(East Burke)
Hotels.com
Colonnade Inn(Lyndonville)
US$99
Fairbanks Inn(Saint Johnsbury)
US$139
US$143
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

Pine Crest Motel and Cabins(Barton)(Great Value!)
US$90
Coos Motor inn(Lancaster)
US$135
Lancaster Motor Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$241
US$219
Hampton.com
Country Squire Motel(Littleton)(Great Value!)
US$64
All reviewsbeautiful hoteltwo bedroom suitethe gapthe pubski resortfitness centera wonderful staygas fireplaceski liftcoffee makerstove topgood sizemagic carpetcomfortable bedthe hotel staffroom keylovely balcony
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We went for a business meeting and found the location perfect for a 2 day conference. The rooms were a good size. Clean and very comfortable. The service from the staff helping with the food and other conference activities were wonderful. Some of the other staff not so much. Food was excellent. Would recommend it for a nice winter retreat.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
BurkeMountain, Lodging Director at Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear SAD6,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and tell us how we are doing. I will be certain to pass on your kind words to the food and beverage, and housekeeping staff.

Thank you for your business and your comments. I will review with all staff so that we can get a customer service reminder to everyone. We hope you will return in the future and give us the opportunity to serve you to the fullest.

In your service,

Siobhan Shufelt, Lodging Director

Reviewed 2 January 2018

The good: Beautiful location. The suite was very ample for three people. Hotel staff was very courteous, especially cleaning staff making extra trips to get extra blankets, pillows, towels etc. was lovely.

The bad: I went there for a wedding and while the wedding site on the mountain top was breathtaking, the bugs were incredibly distracting. We had bug spray, but it didn't help. If you are there, bring a shawl if at all possible. In addition, in the summer, the food options had inconsistent hours and it is very far away from town, so it can be hard to coordinate getting food if several people are sharing one car. The lack of business center was frustrating when we were trying to find hotels and rental car companies and had to relay on our phones.

The ugly: I sat on their patio furniture on the balcony and read my book for part of the morning while my friends who were bridesmaids went to the dress rehearsal. Later, I developed an uncomfortable skin rash. You can tell it is from the patio furniture as the rash is in the distinctive shape of the furniture. I have NEVER had something like this happen to me before. I'm not allergic to anything that I know of and I didn't use any new cremes or products that could have explained the sensitivity.

I explained the problem and showed the rash to at least three staff members (the wedding coordinator, the afternoon desk clerk and the morning desk clerk). Each person took my contact information and said someone would get back to me. I realized as I was looking over my pictures of the 2017 year that no one at the hotel ever contacted me about the rash or if the problem had been taken care of. (I'm writing this January of 2018).

I would urge anyone staying there to either avoid the patio or put a towel over the chair. It definitely put a damper on the rest of my vacation in Vermont and New Hampshire. The rash was pretty unslightly, but eventually healed.

Room Tip: Again... the patio furniture gave me a large skin rash. AVOID at all cost!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
BurkeMountain, Lodging Director at Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Kelly F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that our staff made a positive impression during your stay with us.

I am just hearing about your skin condition and will bring it to the attention of the appropriate staff to look into making sure all our guests are safe. Thank you again for your business and your feedback so that we may improve all our services for future guests.

If you wish to contact me directly my email is sshufelt@skiburke.com, or my direct office line is 802-626-7395.

In your service,

Siobhan Shufelt, Lodging Director

Reviewed 22 September 2017

When I arrived at the Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center, I was expecting to really like it, but alas no.

Room: The room was exceedingly warm when I entered it and you can only adjust the temperature down to 68 degrees. If you want it cooler than that, too bad for you! Note: it an energy efficient property, so you need to place one of your electronic key cards in the holder in order to get your lights to stay on. One of the electrical outlets didn't seem to work. There were some bits of paper in the bathroom and on the carpet, which made me wonder if they had forgot to vacuum the floors?

Bathroom:
There was no tub in my bathroom only a shower, but I guess that's what many hotels have these days. When I was getting ready to shower, I found a dirty towel behind the door (first time this has ever happened to me)! The shower head is set so that the water sprays outside the stall and I was too short to be able to adjust it to a better direction. The floor tiles were rough on my feet, which surprised me since the hotel is only a year old. Did I mention that the Burke Hotel doesn't provide facial tissues, only toilet tissue?

For what I paid to spend one night at this hotel, I expected better amenities, service, and cleaning...

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the mountains, otherwise you will get a room overlooking the ski lift!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
BurkeMountain, Lodging Director at Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Elida G,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the opportunity to improve our services to all our guests. We endeavour to provide clean comfortable accommodations for all our guests and I apologize that you did not receive this experience as our guest.

I will speak with our housekeeping manager about this situation so it can be corrected for the next guest. I hope you will come back in the future and give us an opportunity to give you the customer experience you deserve.

As a side note, we do stock all rooms and the front desk with facial tissues, I will be sure to speak with our housekeeping staff to correct this situation.

Again, we appreciate your business and thank you for the review.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

It was a day or two before Labor Day weekend so when we arrived the place was pretty empty. We had requested a room overlooking the mountains when we confirmed the reservation but were placed in a room overlooking the ski lift and empty trails instead. We didn't bring this to anyone's attention until after, having been out all day on our first day's stay and returning to our room at about 4:30 or 5 (we had left at about 10:30), the room had not been serviced. Well - it had been but not completely. The towels had been replaced. Unfortunately the dirty ones, which we left in the tub (standard procedure, right?) were still there. No beds made either. You get the picture. The housekeeping manager came up herself to finish pretty soon after we reported this and she told us she did not know why the employee had left things this way since, "...she's usually pretty good." Really?
A manager offered to give us a different room facing the mountains but we would have to move ourselves. When it came time to leave (we stayed 4 nights) we requested a late checkout as it was a Sunday and we just wanted to slowly pack out and get ready for our drive back to Boston. We were expecting leeway until about 1 like we get in every other hotel we've ever stayed at (again, standard, right?) No. Not here. We were told they were only authorized to give us 30 minutes or until 11:30.
So the rating is as high as it is only because the facilities were nice (although it was so empty at one point I was walking through one of the hallways thinking about "The Shining") with a good restaurant and a room full of arcade games for your kids to squander some cash in. And because the mountain biking near there is awesome. But I'll bet there are other hotels to stay for biking if the service problems at this place turn you off. Oh, and for a facility that has "Completely Smoke Free Facility" printed on everything I saw there was an awful lot of smoking going on. Just saying.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the "gap" between the two mountains. The other rooms face the ski facilities.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
BurkeMountain, Lodging Director at Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Paul C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that you had this situation during your stay. We strive to give each guest the best experience possible and it seems as though we may have missed the mark with your recent stay. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to make it up to you.

Again, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to improve our services for all guests.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

It's a paradise for mountain biking or skiing.
Nice hotel with amenities.
Minimal kitchenette but usable.
Convenient fitness room, arcades, hot tub and pool.
A bit understaffed but very friendly people.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Angie C,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we appreciate your business and look forward to your return!