Inn at Mountain View Farm
US$225
Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center(East Burke)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$135
Travelocity
US$170
ComfortInn
Pine Crest Motel and Cabins(Barton)(Great Value!)
US$85
Coos Motor inn(Lancaster)
US$115
Lancaster Motor Inn(Lancaster)
US$77
US$204
US$100
All reviewsanimal sanctuarynortheast kingdomblueberry pancakeskingdom trailsmountain bikingdarling hillget awayamazing viewssurrounding arealast summeran unforgettable experiencetaking picturestreated like familywe enjoyed walkingfront porchthe barnwonderful staff
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We just spend 3 nights and 4 days in the Great Northeast Kingdom riding mountain bikes and enjoying the beautiful Vermont countryside. We stayed at this picturesque inn that has direct access to the trails. We started each day with a delicious, hardy breakfast on the front porch of the inn. The views looking across rolling fields to Burke Mountain are incredible. After breakfast, Mike, the chef at the inn, gladly mapped out biking routes for us to follow based on our ability and we spent the day biking the best trails we’ve ever experienced! When we got back after biking, lemon aid and homemade cookies were waiting! In the evenings we sat outside around a fire and watch the sun set over the mountains. This is a wonderful, quintessential bed and breakfast, not a four star resort, so don’t expect king size, pillow-top beds, large bathrooms with soaking tubs and flat screen TVs. Expect a tastefully decorated, comfortable room with a small bathroom, a helpful, friendly staff; and gracious hostess/owner who loves the mountains of Vermont and is willing to talk with you about a property she truly loves. Can’t wait to go back!

Room Tip: I suggest a corner room if you can get it for privacy and an extra window!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Went with my husband and another couple Sunday-Wednesday in July for mountain biking at Kingdom Trails. The Inn met every expectation and then some. Perfectly restored & kept buildings, well appointed & quiet rooms, beautiful landscaping, fresh produce from the grounds and friendly staff. Felt like I was staying with friends vs. an at inn.

Mountain biking trails are literally in the backyard. Breakfast included was superb! We loved the "if you take it replace it policy" in the kitchen - great to see some places still operate on an honor system. Left our bikes unlocked in the barn - really nice.

Minor drawbacks, but definitely won't prevent me from returning: If you want amenities (pool, hot tub, full dining) this is not your place. However, good dining options are a 3-5 minute drive or 20 minute walk away.

Tip: Go mid-week for 20% discount on rooms, and includes pass to Kingdom Trails. The Chef, Michael, is also an expert Mountain Biker who is available to guide you through the expanse of trails. Also - loads of other outdoor activities are nearby. We kayaked and canoed in wetlands...gorgeous and peaceful.

Room Tip: Go midweek for best prices. Rooms are all very pleasant.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SweetRipley
Reviewed 6 July 2011

From the moment we checked in, we were treated like family. Rachel, the lady, who checked us in, And Michael, the chef, and all around helper, made sure, our
every whim was taken care, of.
The room was clean and great. The ladies, who took care of the room, made sure we
had everything, we needed.
From our vouchers, to the bike trails, and recommendations, of what to do, where to swim, and restaurants, to eat. It was like we had our own personal guides.
Bike trails, were mapped out, the horse back riding, was great, and the recommendations, for the restaurants, were great.
We loved everything, about our stay, and hope to be able to do it again.

Thank You, Rachel and Michael.

Walter and Sue Klamp

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank britewally
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This is possibly one of the most beautiful spots I have ever stayed in. We felt like we were in a postcard, advertising Vermont. The gardens were amazing, and my son and I spent hours exploring them, visiting and feeding the animals, and then playing croquet on the lush green lawn. The staff could not have been nicer and we cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I should have posted on here 5 months ago after we stayed at the Inn, but busy times got me sidetracked, and right about now, as I'm yearning for another country getaway to escape from the city, I can't stop thinking about being in the peaceful, serene grounds of this B&B. It's unlike any place I've ever stayed...we began in Boston and ended up traveling towards the mountains in search of cow farms, and fresh mountian air, and we ended up here. They let us tour the grounds and see all the animals, and invited us to stay the night at a great rate, so we did. We ended up spending hours just walking around the property taking in all the views and clean air. We went to the nearby town for dinner. We woke up very early in the morning and sipped coffee outside while listening to the animals start their day, and then we had a delicious breakfast made by the friendly cook. The staff was so trusting and welcoming and made us feel like we were in a close relative's home. I'm counting down the days until they re-open for the season so I can head back up. Until then, maybe it's a good idea to take a trip south to escape the cold! (which reminds me to post my next review!...)

• Stayed: September 2010