“Has gone completely downhill ”

Tamarack Sports Bar and Grill
Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in East Burke
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come and see for yourself the improvements while enjoying the friendly and relaxed sports bar atmosphere complete with pool tables, foosball, darts, NINE big screen TVs and of course our delicious new menu.
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I have been coming here for years but I have had two recent visits which have resulted in me leaving two stars. The first was this past New Year’s Eve. My husband and I came for what we thought would be a nice meal before the festivities started later on. We noticed the menu has changed. We used to love the variety but it is now very limited and there are not many choices. The service was awful but we chalked it up to them being very busy. We noticed there was only a few waitresses when they should have been over staffed if anything.

Fast forward to this past Sunday. We had friends visiting from out of state. I figured we would give it another shot for lunch. Again, they were busy but there was ONE waitress who was serving and bussing the dining room. It took at least 10 minutes for her to bring our menu. When she did she didn’t even ask if we wanted drinks. The food was good which led to me giving two stars. This used to be a classier place but definitely has more of a cafeteria feel. Very disappointing! Will not be back.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We always enjoy the food and fun atmosphere. The band was great! Great view of the lower mountain. Great craft beer choices.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 15 March 2017

This was our second visit to this beautiful though noisy sports bar. Lots of TV's, few patrons, and a limited bar menu... but the highlight of the meal was our waitress, Ella. Bright, cheerful and helpful, she recommended their freshly made crab soup, which I loved, and an asparagus soup that my wife relished. Having had their disappointing beef tacos (cold and over-cooked) the last visit, we both chose the fish and chips. The dish arrived promptly and hot looking very appetizing. The French fries were excellent but the deep fried "cod" tasted fishy. But we both ate what we could but took a doggy bag home (for our dogs!). My wife splurged and ordered their chocolate cake which was apparently delicious. So overall, an interesting and enjoyable evening.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

This brand new pub in the newly-constructed Burke Mountain Resort complex is bound to be successful. The SUPERB view of Willoughby Gap while you await your order is worth the trip, especially if the daring parasailing aficionados are riding the thermals right in front of you while you enjoy your favorite beverage, delicious pub grub specials, and my latest addiction: flourless chocolate torte!
I will be glad when the beautiful deck has sunshades and outdoor service. On future Sundays, a set-priced meal will be served there.($46?) Meanwhile, during the week you can buy at the bar and take your meal outside onto the deck. Personally, I found the noise from the forced-air fans inside to detract from the ambience. In addition, noisy, undisciplined children really need their own zone. Some people forget that this is a shared public area, not their own den for children to run around letting the world know that while their parents may have the money to bring them to a beautiful place, they really do not value their children enough to teach them to respect other people's right to relax. No doubt, as the resort continues to open other dining areas, this issue will be resolved. Meanwhile, the arcade looks really well-equipped for kids of all ages. Bicyclists look really happy zooming down the trails right outside their doors, and guests admire the new ski lift to the top of Burke Mountain. I hope that all the snow needed to keep the skiers happy on the slopes falls all season, always overnight, followed by days filled with the bright rays of sunshine that dazzle visitors and locals of the NorthEast Kingdom of Vermont.
I wish this resort great success as a four-season destination that I intend to visit again and again.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 28 February 2016

Food is usually very good especially the bleu chips appetizers but the service was slow ( very slow ) Nice pub to watch sports and good variety of beers

Date of visit: February 2016