Chef's Table at the Essex Culinary Resort & Spa
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: For a culinary adventure unrivaled in the Essex, VT region, have a seat at Chef's Table at Amuse. Our chefs offer the finest, freshest local ingredients and creates a new array of courses each and every Friday and Saturday night. When you walk in and take your place at the open kitchen, you will have a front-row seat to view the culinary magic happen before your eyes. Savor traditional foods in a new light, and open your palate to tastes you may never have experienced before.
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

We didn't know that Chef's Table was a subset of Junction. So the menu and prices are the same, but you can sit down at the counter and watch the chefs prepare all the dishes and even chat with them. The cheese plates are worth ordering but the green salad was only ok. The bolognese appetizer was exquisite and the best bolognese I have ever had. The mushroom risotto was very good. The waiter helped us order a grenache wine from Spain which was delicious and well matched to the food.

1  Thank Robert L

Reviewed 3 May 2016

My friend and I decided to eat here on our last night of our stay. We took the table d'hote which was a sample of many dishes. We also added the option where a glass of wine would be paired with each of the dishes. The food was excellent, well explained and presented. The wines were also excellent and when brought out was explained why they would pair the wine chosen with that dish (I think I had 8 glasses of wine (eight dishes)! And it definitely made me happy... ).

1  Thank JayX10
Reviewed 19 March 2016

Service never disappoints!

Dining always an adventure...Know any choice will be praiseworthy....Looking forward to returning in just a few months for fourth,or is it fifth stay....and the wonderful evening at Junction we know we will have .

1  Thank clairef228
Reviewed 15 March 2016

This was our third cooking class at the Essex – and the best. We took the “Taste of France” class taught by Chef Lisa Ruoff. She was a great instructor and was open to questions and very helpful. We learned new things, and better ways of doing old things (like dicing an onion). Our group had so much fun practicing on the onions, we diced what we were supposed to slice (but it all turned out wonderful anyway). Our class was made up of six different groups of two, but we all worked together wonderfully. Chef Lisa was concerned about allergies and special diets (gluten free, vegetarian, etc.) which was nice. My husband and I didn’t think we liked duck, but the Duck A l Orange that we cooked was delicious. I will make the Ratatouille and the Potato Lyonnais at home (but with less butter!)
Chef Lisa made our class very enjoyable – I highly recommend taking any of the classes that she offers. She was assisted by a very lovely young lady named Evelyn. They made it a wonderful experience for everyone.

1  Thank surfinginflorida
Reviewed 14 February 2016

We took the Primo Pasta class with Chef Lisa and A Taste of Austria with Chef Anthony S. Both were fantastic, but we preferred the Austrian class because it was smaller (6 vs 12) and it was easier to jump in and cook (that was the point!). Chef Anthony S was a great teacher and very relaxed in the kitchen.