“This is one to avoid.”

Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: For a culinary adventure unrivaled in the Essex, VT region, have a seat at Chef's Table at Amuse. Our chefs offer the finest, freshest local ingredients and creates a new array of courses each and every Friday and Saturday night. When you walk in and take your place at the open kitchen, you will have a front-row seat to view the culinary magic happen before your eyes. Savor traditional foods in a new light, and open your palate to tastes you may never have experienced before.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

While the service was average, the food and ambiance were surprisingly poor. I would avoid this restaurant and eat at the less acclaimed, but much better, Tavern if you stay at this resort.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Excellent and creative. The food is organic with a variety of options. The chef provided free appetizer samples from a new creation.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Brussel sprout soup was way too salty. When I complained the chef (I saw him through the window) made a face showing he did not care at all. The turkey sandwich was too thick. I thought of the film Supersize me. The espresso coffee was burnt. Oh well, it makes me want to go back to Montréal where the food is better.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

We usually go out to eat on Turkey Day. This year we chose The Essex which had a menu selection that would be difficult to match by most establishments. I take my hat off to those who work tirelessly on Holidays as I sometimes must do so myself. The service was very good but the hard work of food prep was really the star of the show.
Everything was delicious and above average.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

We had a wonderful dinner at the chefs table. It is great to watch these talented young chefs work their magic. We ate here for dinner and I had the mushroom risotto which was among the best I have eaten. Nicole did a wonderful job combining flavors, and plating my dish. She paired the Pinot noir with my dish and it was perfect.
The kitchen is immaculate and all the chefs demonstrate their expertise while cooking, plating and hygiene.

1  Thank Patricia D