“the Mediterranean coast in Vermont”
Review of Cafe Mediterano

Cafe Mediterano
Ranked #18 of 70 Restaurants in Essex
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 18 March 2015

Food the way it should always be. The freshest vegetables I've had, the tomatoes actually taste like tomatoes, fresh red onion and firm lettuce.
You will love the mix meat platter that comes with rice and a little side salad, made by a guy that cares about what he puts in your plate. (I Do Not personally know the dude)
hot pita bread in a basket and for dessert of course Maple Baklava. The best.
I love cooking so I know that the person that made my meal really cared.

1  Thank Paco R

Reviewed 11 September 2014

we had lunch at this restaurant.the owner welcomes you with smile.we had falafal wrap, which was very good. the service is great.ambiance is average.it is better to sit outside than in the restaurant.we will go back again.

1  Thank ashwamedh1947
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have been going to Cafe Med since it opened. The owner always greats me with a smile and a hand shake even though I only go in a couple dozen times a year. It reminds me of the small family owned cafes I grew up with in the Italian section of Utica, NY where I grew up, all the Italian family's knew each other. I have often sat out side in the summer visiting with the owners friends and family from the old world. Makes me think of simpler better times.

And the food is fantastic

1  Thank CHEFJZIPKO
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is my go to place for a good gyro. I've had actual Mediterranean food on the Mediterranean sea, and this place is as close as it gets for Vermont. I've tried others in the area and except for Istanbul Kebab House nothing is as good as this cafe. They have a sit down area that is never too busy and offer take out and maybe delivery too. Perfect spot for lunch. Fresh food and ingredients every time. I always get the falafal (which is perfect) and gyro platter. It comes with delicious rice, hummus, tazitki (cant spell sorry) sauce, warm pita bread, shaved meat, onions tomato and lettuce. Always juicy and tasty, can't go wrong. Definitely get the baklava which is homemade and the best I've ever had for sure. Also love that you can buy some of the products they use to make at home. Oh and they have Stella And Switchback on draft which never hurts!

1  Thank aprilmae419
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I love their lamb/beef gyro platter. Their tzatziki sauce is delicious with the gyros. I always enjoy their food when I go there and it's reasonably priced.

1  Thank jcruby