All reviews one bedroom suite security staff mid week pizza place full kitchen pump house water park fun experience spring break hockey rink this past weekend mini fridge a lot of fun mother nature ski tickets a great stay the hotel staff
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I expected a better run ski resort coming to Jay Peak. I have been skiing Okemo Resort for the last 20 years and travel to a number of other VT ski resorts each winter for kids ski races. I know how challenging mother nature can be when it comes to ice, high winds and freezing rain, so I was willing to cut the resort some slack but I spent over an hour on the phone trying to get good information out of mountain staff as to what trails were open, what lifts were open and what was groomed during the night. Lots of conflicting information from staff. I have been spoiled by Okemo, they update their website hourly detailing specifically what is open, what was groomed and what lifts are operating. Okemo's Facebook page also provides up to the minute lift reports especially when mother nature is dishing challenging weather.
We stayed in a 3rd floor, one bedroom suite facing the waterpark. I would not recommend this because there was a strong odor of chlorine in the room. I called down to the front desk and asked about this when we walked through the door. They said it was because the room was closed up for a few days, that it would go away. It did not.
The waterpark and the indoor climbing gym were the two factors that saved this trip. Kids had a great time at both spots.
Most staff was super friendly but overall would say it was hard to get clear information. Example when eating at the Foundry Grill for lunch, I asked about another resort restaurant, Alice's (right next door to where we were eating) and the staff could not tell me if it was still open or what the hours were. Think that is odd in a service business.

Room Tip: Would avoid waterpark facing rooms in Hotel Jay, ours had a strong chlorine odor.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived at Hotel Jay early in the day, our room wasn’t ready as check-in time is not until 4pm. We were able to enjoy the waterpark until it became available. Traveling a good distance with a disabled child, my daughter lasted an hour or so before needing a break. Checking back with the front desk we were told the room was still not ready, however, Savannah at the front desk took it upon herself to track down housekeeping and keep an eye on our room. She personally brought us our keys once the room was ready so we didn’t have to wait for the room alert via email.
It’s these small gestures of hospitality that set hotels apart from one another. We truly enjoyed everything about this resort.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Some great things: skiing was fantastic (as expected), skating at the indoor arena and the indoor water park!
There were only 2 restaurants open. Bring food if you don’t want to leave the resort. Apparently spring break is considered “off season” so most of the restaurants were closed! Even the front desk didn’t know which ones were closed and opened.
Buy ski tickets online... it’s almost half price! Seems stupid and they obviously don’t tell you this at check in.
They give you a coupon book with “$200 of savings” except most of the things are closed!
We went to the indoor climbing centre 3 times before we were able to use it because it was closed then a private event then fully booked... disappointing.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank MontrealDocholiday
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Staff, AV equipment, food service, room setup, advance planning, communication all a flawless experience for our professional society meeting this past weekend. The adjacent room where vendors were located had large windows and beautiful view. We did have an issue with temperature in the meeting room and we had to ask several times to warm the room. All the activities here provide something for everyone. The skiing was fantastic. I’d definitely organize/plan another conference here!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

It didn’t hurt to have over five feet of snow dump while we were here, but what a great place. The staff, especially Seamus, was so helpful and friendly, the food and room were great. We didn’t use the Water Park but it looked like fun, especially with kids.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple