“world class tuning”
Review of Black Dog Sports

Black Dog Sports
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Killington
More attraction details
Owner description: Black Dog Sports is a progressive ski shop that focuses on 5 core themes to provide an excellent product to customers. These 5 core themes are listed below: (1) The best HAND-tuning service in the Killington area. Nobody else goes old school like us to offer a superior tune on your ski/board gear.(2) Diverse rental/demo fleet that can offer guests many affordable gear options.(3) Black Dog Sports has an ideal location within the Mountain Green Resort that is easily within walking distance to the Snowshed base area at Killington Resort.(4) Excellent customer service from knowledgeable, friendly ski and board professionals. Our staff is just as professional in the shop as they are ripping up the slopes of Killington!(5)The sheer volume of our ski/board accessories allows us to be sure that we can get you that pair of goggles, hand warmers or gloves so that your time on the hill is a great experience. Come see what we're all about at Black Dog Sports. To find directions to our shop, just utilize the map function below, that'll lead you to the right place for all your ski/board needs!
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Down to earth, friendly staff. Very knowledgeable about the latest equipment and gear. The "world class tuning" really brought out the performance of my boards. My girlfriend demo'd a pair of Volkl Flair 81's and loved them so much we were able to purchase them for less than half the price of retail. This place gets a "Double Thumbs Up".

All reviews
"performance"
"shop"
"slopes"

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Had a pair of skis that were on it last turn and Dave brought them back to life. There one of the few places that still do their tunes by hand!

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I checked all the rental shops on the internet ahead of time. I chose Black Dog Sports for its great rental rates plus its location. Only $50 for 2 days is a bargain (March 2017)! Killington wanted over $80 so I saved $60 for the 2 of us and the store is directly next to the Killington Resort's SnowShed Base Lodge so its super convenient. You can technically walk to the lift if you want to, about 8 minutes.

Its a smaller shop but the staff was very nice and very helpful. Nonetheless it took over 45 minutes to get a pair of skis and a snowboard. There were only 3 groups of customers renting so it should have been faster. We were happy with the rentals and easy to return since near the lodge. The equipment was in perfect shape even though it was March. Keep in mind they don't rent snowboard helmets but are happy to sell you one for about $60.

Would I rent/shop here again? Yes! But I would give myself more time to go through the rental process. Actually, Dave got our rentals quickly it was the time at the register that took so long.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We had planned to grab our gear later Friday night so we could head straight to the mountain Saturday morning. Someone in my group had called and asked if we could come later in the the night, and whoever they spoke with said "sure, no problem. There will be no issues." Well, this was completely WRONG. We were told to wait for ONE HOUR without even being spoken to. The workers told us that we would be taken care of, but nope. We were then told that we had to go home because the workers had to go to sleep. IS THAT A JOKE?! Completely disappointed. If I could give this shop zero stars, I would. I DO NOT recommend this place. Horrible customer service, nasty workers, and 100% not worth your time or money in that small shop.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We just visited Killington this week for the first time. We stopped into Black Dog Sports early in the morning to rent our equipment and were able to get rentals for our family in no time. It was a big savings from renting from Killington resort, and much more organized than any place we have rented from. The staff was super friendly, helpful, and very professional. When we returned our equipment it was just as easy and enjoyable. We will come back here for sure, and would strongly recommend them to anyone going to Killington, and especially those staying at Green Mountain Resort.