“Best Lunch in Southern Vermont”

Garden Cafe & Gallery
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Londonderry
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2016

I've had lunch in the Garden Market Cafe' many times and it's never disappointing. Their sandwiches are large and served with fresh fruit, but the best is their organic pizza! The owner makes pizza with organic toppings and crust that is enough for a meal. Their salads are also sumptuous and generous. While I wait for my lunch to be made up, I shop around for the best selection of organic produce, eggs, cheese, breads and coffee beans. They also have hard to find Thai ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a local favorite at a good value either to eat in or take out. It's never disappointing!

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

I have a particular dislike for business owners who are too lazy to remove their OPEN banners when their businesses are closed.

Husband and I wanted to shop the art gallery just before noon on a Saturday. The door was open, and we walked in. The place smelled like a college dorm room, and we clearly weren't expected.

Yeah. We won't bother to return.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

You cannot go wrong ordering anything here! Fresh, fresh, fresh and wonderfully yummy! Most recently enjoyed: Leek and goat cheese frittata. Lovely young women work the counter.
Eat outside at garden picnic tables or inside in the light, bright, charming space.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

For at least the past 8 years my family and I have always stopped during out VT sojourns into the Garden Market Cafe in Londonderry for THE BEST homemade sandwiches, salads, quiches and frittatas. It is a gourmet deli/health food store with take away items to enjoy on site or for picnicking. The food is exceptionally fresh and always uniquely tasty and oh so satisfying. On this recent stay, we enjoyed lunch there again and returned the very same day at dinner hour to eat in the neighboring restaurant, the Garden Cafe and Gallery.
Judy, chef/owner, is responsible for the food at both of these operations. The Garden Cafe bar is intimate and romantic with about 8 stools overlooking the bar, and a few very cozy nooks for a loving tête-à-tête. The food presentation is artful and exquisite. Our dishes arrived with both edible and non-edible flower garnishes. Recommended:
Grilled Caesar Salad, Pork Chop, Raspberry/Almond tart. And the homemade bread is heavenly! ENJOY!

1  Thank dctrip96
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

We ate one slice of cold quiche (after we asked them to heat is up) and is costed us 20 dollars after half an hour of waiting!