“Enjoyable Eats”

Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Londonderry
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We had a early lunch slash late breakfast at the deli. After tasting their cheeses we picked a couple with some marmalade and fresh bread couple with their house made latte for a quiet enjoyable lunch.

After we took a walk thoughts restaurant where they serve dinner. It looks so cozy and the menu, brief but appetizing, that we decided the next time in town we will be dining there.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Our group stopped by the Garden Market for a bite the other day and were quite pleased with the selection of foods albeit overpriced.

A member of our group returned the following day for breakfast and was accosted by the owner for checking emails on his laptop inside while waiting for his food to arrive. He was told that that market is not an office and asked to leave just as one of the staff was delivering the full breakfast and coffee that our friend had just paid for.

The owner's rudeness was so appalling that our group has vowed never to support this business again. There are several better quality and friendlier places to eat in the area, don't waste your money or energy on this one!

9  Thank JamieBN
globalfoodhound55, Owner at Garden Cafe & Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

This gentleman is due an apology and then some. We are so, so sorry. The outburst you were subjected to was unwarranted. Our clerk was aware that you had patronized us generously and I also noticed you doing so over those two days. My husband is not aging well. He acted irrationally humiliating you, my staff, myself and himself. I don't blame you for not coming back. If by chance you do, I would like to offer an apology in person. Just ask for me, we will be looking for you if you choose to do so. I am sorry too that you were disappointed in the "quality" and price of the food. I have been doing this for 45 years and my only wish is to to a good job. I and my staff do hope you will stop by so I can offer a proper apology. Judy Platt

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Gorgeous interior.
Please move near me!

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

This is more market, than cafe (although they have some tables). That said, the chèvre and spinach salad is fantastic....fresh and interesting ingredients.

1  Thank Jake59Boston
Reviewed 10 July 2016

The exterior is a bit rundown, but the interior is beautifully done with interesting art and an inviting atmosphere. The food was terrific, surpassing our expectations. Full bar, friendly/expert service staff and an eclectic menu. The panko-battered fried diver scallops and the asian-fruited chutney Berkshire pork chip entrees were excellent. Everything was served with edible flowers. Dinnerware is antique.
On close inspection the building itself is an architectural beauty which just needs paint and copper polish. We have a feeling that this place will be successful in everyway as time goes by. Support the concept: it is a win/win.

1  Thank Henri Pierre S