“Another Meal Fit for Royalty!”

Garden Cafe & Gallery
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Londonderry
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2017

My husband and I just returned from our annual trip to VT where the highlight of our stay is our intimate dinner at the Garden Cafe & Gallery. Chef Judy's cuisine never fails to delight and surprise us! This time, I began my meal with an absolutely fabulous cup of her Crab Corn Bisque. I have to say that the only problem is I wish I could have had a full meal of it -- really -- it is that good. Delicately flavored with luscious lumps of crab meat -- yum! My husband loved the Vermont Winter Salad with it incredibly fresh berries and light house-made maple mustard dressing. For my entree, I continued the crab meat theme and was delighted by Chef Judy's gourmet rendition of the crab cake with her Jumbo Asian Noodle Crab Cake. Served over shame noodles, seasoned with coconut and cilantro and finished with an amazing broth. The broth was so delicious that I shamelessly slurped up the remains with my spoon!! My husband's entree was equally delicious -- the Potato Crusted Filet of Salmon. The fish was cooked perfectly and tasted so fresh, which is not often the case, even at highly rated restaurants. Chef Judy always amazes us with the freshness of each part of the dish, the vegetables cooked to perfection and including her signature edible flowers -- even in the dead of winter.

For desert, my husband succumbed to an absolutely decadent but delicious Bourbon Pean Pie with fresh whipped cream, and I caved and ordered the Assortment of Tavernier Chocolates, made by local Vermonters -- exquisite with delicate very unusual pairings, a Dark Chocolate Salami -- with hazelnut, marsala, marinated fig, and rosemary shortbread! To die for -- all accompanied by a lovely Italian dessert wine.

And when we had finished every morsel of our meals, Chef Judy came to join us at our table in front of the dramatic circular fireplace and we enjoyed a lovely chat. Really, our winter trips to Vermont would never be the same without our trips to the Garden Cafe. In fact, we are considering coming in the summer as well just to have another chance to dine with Chef Judy!

With deep appreciation and admiration,
Bob and Sandy

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We had a early lunch slash late breakfast at the deli. After tasting their cheeses we picked a couple with some marmalade and fresh bread couple with their house made latte for a quiet enjoyable lunch.

After we took a walk thoughts restaurant where they serve dinner. It looks so cozy and the menu, brief but appetizing, that we decided the next time in town we will be dining there.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Our group stopped by the Garden Market for a bite the other day and were quite pleased with the selection of foods albeit overpriced.

A member of our group returned the following day for breakfast and was accosted by the owner for checking emails on his laptop inside while waiting for his food to arrive. He was told that that market is not an office and asked to leave just as one of the staff was delivering the full breakfast and coffee that our friend had just paid for.

The owner's rudeness was so appalling that our group has vowed never to support this business again. There are several better quality and friendlier places to eat in the area, don't waste your money or energy on this one!

9  Thank JamieBN
globalfoodhound55, Owner at Garden Cafe & Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

This gentleman is due an apology and then some. We are so, so sorry. The outburst you were subjected to was unwarranted. Our clerk was aware that you had patronized us generously and I also noticed you doing so over those two days. My husband is not aging well. He acted irrationally humiliating you, my staff, myself and himself. I don't blame you for not coming back. If by chance you do, I would like to offer an apology in person. Just ask for me, we will be looking for you if you choose to do so. I am sorry too that you were disappointed in the "quality" and price of the food. I have been doing this for 45 years and my only wish is to to a good job. I and my staff do hope you will stop by so I can offer a proper apology. Judy Platt

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Gorgeous interior.
Please move near me!

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

This is more market, than cafe (although they have some tables). That said, the chèvre and spinach salad is fantastic....fresh and interesting ingredients.

1  Thank Jake59Boston