“Another Fabulous Dining Experience!”

Garden Cafe & Gallery
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Londonderry
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018

My husband and I were just treated to yet another fabulous dining experience at the Garden Cafe and Gallery in Londonderry, VT. We make our yearly trek to VT, the highlight of which is always the celebration of our birthdays seated in front of a breathtaking circular fireplace where we receive impeccable personal service from owner and chef Judy. For my meal, I was delighted with Judy's delectable rendition of Beef Wellington -- a melt in your mouth tenderloin of beer wrapped with prosciutto and dijon mustard, topped with a mushroom duxelles and baked in a puff pastry and served with an aux jus. Now, to be honest, I am not a beef eater, but decided to try this dish and ended up practically licking my plate! It was that good -- really!! My husband also scraped his plate after thoroughly enjoying his Pan Seared Organic Scottish Salmon, topped with wilted organic spinach, kalamata olives, roasted tomatoes, melted feta and toasted pine nuts. Everything is incredibly fresh -- down to the edible flowers which gains each of chef Judy's dishes. Judy takes great pride in her cuisine and it shows as every dish is impeccably plated. We have been lucky enough to enjoy the Garden Cafe's bounty and lovely atmosphere for nearly 20 years now. And Judy's dishes are just as good today as they were 2 decades ago. Well worth the drive! My husband and I have already made our reservations for next year!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We were disappointed in the choices mainly of an organic theme. Some diners liked what was on offer but it was not for us. The gallery across the road was interesting

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Unfortunately I can not write a positive review. My friend and I stopped in to the Garden last Saturday evening because it was a farm to table restaurant. Therefore we expected wonderful farm fresh choices. Coming from Newport RI where there are over 200 privately owned and operated restaurants I know what a good pricey dining experience is. This was not that. The fact that there was no one else there on a Saturday evening should have been our first clue.The martinis were fabulous. The presentation was good. The beef tacos I ordered came with an extremely hot sauce that I was completely unaware of until I put it on one taco and took a bite. No where on the menu or in the delivery was this explained. I like hot food but not dragon torture fire hot food. The beef was dry almost jerky and the portion was tiny for $32.00. No where in Newport would you find such a thing. To top it off a beautiful tray of desserts came out for us to choose from and I chose the chocolate mousse. It tasted like pudding from the box and was room temperature with chilled whipped creme on top. So needless to say the delicious dining experience I had anticipated all day turned of to be a painful disappointment.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The Garden Cafe is a well kept secret even for local people. Located a bit off the beaten path it is well worth the trip. The restaurant itself is quite charming and unique, incorporating a gallery, charming gift shop and very unique bar. More importantly, the food is wonderful. The menu changes, but is certain to have something for everyone, and is not overwhelming. Food is excellent...fresh, local and beautifully prepared. They are very accommodating with special requests and the service is excellent. A little gem.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch after a recommendation given at lasser ceramics. We thoroughly enjoyed our turkey Rubin's! The restaurant was clean, friendly with excellent service. You will not be disappointed!