“Great Steak and Prime Rib!”
Review of Sam's Steakhouse

Sam's Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Sam's is open as of July 2018. Visit our website details at http://samssteak.com/ Steaks, seafood and salad bar are our specialties. Dry aged steaks - porterhouse, bone-in ribeye, bone-in sirloin, filet mignon, hanger steak, and prime rib. Seafood selections include oysters, king crab, ahi tuna, scallops, lobster tails, salmon and shrimp.Prefer comfort foods? How about pot roast, meatloaf, mac & cheese, baby back ribs. Always a crowd pleaser is the Surf & Turf Combo. We'll help pair the perfect bottle of wine to complement your dinner. Visit us to enjoy Ludlow's finest steakhouse!
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This was our anniversary and we wanted to go someplace special. Sam's was highly recommended by the hotel Great menu and I had a hard time picking what to order. Finally decided on the Prime Rib and I am so glad. Ordered it medium rare and that is the way it was prepared. So tender and juicy with the most wonderful and flavorful sauce that made it perfect! It was fork tender. My wife and I split the meal and we couldn't eat it all. See the pictures below! I thought the prices were reasonable for a high quality steak house. All their steaks are dry aged and have wonderful flavor and were very tender. Excellent quality of steaks and they have a really nice salad bar with anything and everything on it. Great selections to choose from.

1  Thank SAM M

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent salad bar! Salmon with the sauce was great! This place never diappoints me. Skye was our waitress and she was very friendly . Hope to return before the end of summer.

1  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We came over on Lobster night, the food was perfect! The salad bar was fresh, the bread was great and the soup was perfect. Everything was right on point. The staff was very nice and our server Kevin was very attentive! Oh the the Strawberry Shortcake homemade and excellent.

We will be back for my wifes birthday

Reviewed 8 July 2017

My wife and I visited Sam's two years ago and really enjoyed our meal. The salad bar was incredible and our entrees were superb. That was then, this is now.
On our last visit, we found the salad bar "ingredients" have been dramatically decreased and the pasta salad we thoroughly enjoyed last time was gone, replaced by a cheese and pasta combination. It was good, but it wasn't the same.
My wife, believing the salad bar was going to once again be more than enough to satisfy her hunger, decided to make it her entree. Needless to say, she was disappointed. I ordered a scallops entree and was was mildly shocked when the server delivered ... THREE scallops (a $14 item, by the way.)
I can't forget the air conditioning problem. It was a warm day so while I expected it would be cool inside, it was so cold we saw several other customers putting on sweaters or jackets.
Let me sum this up: 2 salad bars, a scallop entree (if you can call THREE scallops an entree), a glass of wine and an ice tea, resulted in a bill for $80! I don't know what happened in the past two years but our high opinion of Sam's certainly isn't the same now.

1  Thank 750Ray
ILoveHospitality, Manager at Sam's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Please call us at 802-228-2087 to discuss or email us at info@samssteak.com. It is possible you have us confused with another restaurant. We do not have a $14 scallop entree and our salad bar is huge and has had no reductions in quantity of items. It is a full entree for many people daily. We also cannot see how you could have an $80 bill for your described experience. We'd like to discuss with you by phone please and invite you to visit. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Kevin our waiter was excellent our dinner was out of this world my wife had the teriyaki chicken and I had the grilled prime rib to finish the dinner we shared the apple pie with vanilla ice cream and coffee.

ILoveHospitality, Manager at Sam's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Kevin sends his appreciation for the shout out. He and the rest of the team are happy you and your wife had a nice evening. Hope to see you again soon!