“Lunch in Middlebury”

Ranked #34 of 47 Restaurants in Middlebury
Price range: US$2 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: Locally owned and operated. Serving all homemade meals from Breakfast, lunch to light dinner. Enjoyable atmosphere with wood fired brick oven, gourmet coffee and espresso and even ice cream and soft serve! A spot for all ages!
Reviewed 14 October 2016

We stopped in for a late lunch of margherita pizza and salad for me and a specialty sandwich for my husband while exploring Middlebury. The salad was exceptional, and my husband enjoyed his sandwich. While the servers were nice, I wish they had been a little more attentive to the fact that we were obvious newcomers and given us better directions as to how their system worked.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

This place opens early in the day, an on line review mentioned that they serve egg sandwiches so we visited expecting a breakfast selection. Their breakfast selection is "egg sandwich", only. We ordered a roasted chicken sandwich and a beef sandwich. What we received were a couple of sandwiches that were delicious, but far more food than one person can consume safely. Scary good food! But the operation is funky and a bit dyslexic and disjointed. So, stay loose and understand that this is not a customer friendly operation. You order at one station, then go to the next station and wait for the same person to arrive so as to collect payment. You order beverages at another station, my suggestion is to order, than ask the person what they heard you order, as they seemed to not get that correct when we visited, i.e. what we ordered was not what we received. Also off-putting is that they have a limited selection of pizza by the slice available early, claiming that they can not make complete pizzas to order until the middle of the afternoon. I know the business, was in the business, and their pizza situation makes no sense at all.

1  Thank MO4975678910
Reviewed 29 April 2016

On a warm day, Sama's Cafe is a nice stop for yummy creemies and ice cream. If you are hungry, the wood fired pizza is very good. I stay away from the rest of the food options. I gave Sama's a 3 because the creemie stand is a 4 and the food side is a 2.

Reviewed 20 December 2015

We stopped here twice for lunch while visiting the area. The first time we all loved the items we choose. The 2nd time my husband had his heart set on pizza but found out that Sama's doesn't serve pizza during lunch, which we thought was strange.

We went here because their outdoor dining area is dog-friendly

Reviewed 21 November 2015

The food at Sama's is really good and the counter service is pretty fast. Also easy to run over from campus to grab something from the store section.