Swift House Inn(Middlebury)
US$155
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

Courtyard Middlebury(Middlebury)
US$143
US$159
US$123
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

Inn on the Green(Middlebury)
US$169
US$127
Waybury Inn(Middlebury)
US$175
Blue Spruce Motel(Middlebury)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsorganic breakfastplace to stayperfect spotamazing breakfastgas fireplacesconescanoehostsporchcollegecozytown
Reviewed 9 July 2012

A beautiful older house on a side street within walking distance of the college and the town center on beautiful grounds. The hosts, Zelya and Gary, are the most charming couple who went out of their way to make us feel welcome. It was one of our most memorable travel stays ever.

Do we need to add that Zelia' breakfasts are to die for?

Karinka and Vlad

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms, both are good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wavemeister
Reviewed 2 July 2012

A weekend at the Middlebury Inn is worth the price. But, a weekend at this B&B is absolutely priceless!!! I am almost too selfish to post my review as I want to keep this B&B all to myself. All previous comments are "spot-on". For those who are looking for a quiet retreat, or a delicious homemade breakfast with diverse conversation instead of the mundane continental breakfast, and lovely hosts instead of rude waitstaff, this is the place for you. Thanks to Zelia and Gary for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank justtoshop
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Well I have to say I went to Middlebury in order to see the college with my son. At first I was not too sure about the location. However! When we arrived Gary and Zelia were there to make us feel right at home. I had called earlier in the day and let him know we were on our way up from New Jersey. Pleasant ride and beautiful place. We walked up the stair to our room. Absolutely stunning. I have to say the bed and the comforter were so comfortable I wanted to pack it up and bring it home. Gary and Zelia shared with us the restaurants that were in the area for dinner. Dinner was great but breakfast....oh so yum. Great conversation and coffee. Laid back and a perfect spot. Anyone who needs a place to stay. You have found it.

Room Tip: We had the room facing the road and it was perfect. It was a beautiful view in the morning.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank bergencountytraveler
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Gary and Zelia are delightful hosts and their B&B is uncluttered, comfortable and welcoming. Their home is far enough from the town for quiet, but close enough for a stroll into town if you don't want to drive; and centrally located for anywhere you might want to go. I need to go to Middlebury 3-5 times a year, and thanks to Gary and Zelia and On The Creek I look forward to every trip. Their low-key hospitality and a delicious, generous breakfast round out a lovely experience.

When you go, be sure to plan your trip in advance with their help, if you want to go to local restaurants (reservations are often recommended -- the area food is terrific) or catch a ticketed event on the College campus; or if you are looking for hiking or biking ideas. They are a fount of local knowledge and delighted to help you figure this out.

Room Tip: Both rooms I stayed in are comfortable and quiet. If you like to sit with a good book, though, choose the front room for better light and a comfortable chair.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Thomas H
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We needed a last minute reservation in Middlebury and selected On the Creek based on reviews here. We were not disappointed. The room was very clean and comfortable. The location is convenient to town and the college. The breakfast was organic and delicious. The best part of our brief stay was the hospitality and friendliness of the owners. They made us feel welcome and had great tips about exploring the area. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011