“Absolutely perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middlebury
On the Creek Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed with Zelia and Gary in mid September for a weekend. They are the perfect hosts - they have a beautiful, historic impeccibly restored home in a lovely setting convenient to town. They make you feel like their friends, are so warm and welcoming, but they also give you space. All of the reviews are excellent and as others have said, are spot on, so i don't need to repeat what they have said. This is a wonderful spot because it really is more like staying at a friend's house than it is staying in a hotel or other commercial establishment. It gives you a great sense of Vermont hospitality - generous, local, fresh food, well prepared, absolutely delicious; lush garden setting, well crafted country house; great conversation and wonderful ideas for fun things to do in the area. Zelia and Gary are very plugged into the local scene, so you get a great sense of this community by staying with them.

We spent the rest of our vacation week in Charlotte in a rented cabin in the country, but this weekend at the On the Creek was the highlight for me!

Room Tip: Both rooms are lovely - plenty of closet space, luxurious bedding and mattress, convenient desk, ple...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmlovesbiketrips

Reviewed 9 July 2012

A beautiful older house on a side street within walking distance of the college and the town center on beautiful grounds. The hosts, Zelya and Gary, are the most charming couple who went out of their way to make us feel welcome. It was one of our most memorable travel stays ever.

Do we need to add that Zelia' breakfasts are to die for?

Karinka and Vlad

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms, both are good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wavemeister
Reviewed 2 July 2012

A weekend at the Middlebury Inn is worth the price. But, a weekend at this B&B is absolutely priceless!!! I am almost too selfish to post my review as I want to keep this B&B all to myself. All previous comments are "spot-on". For those who are looking for a quiet retreat, or a delicious homemade breakfast with diverse conversation instead of the mundane continental breakfast, and lovely hosts instead of rude waitstaff, this is the place for you. Thanks to Zelia and Gary for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank justtoshop
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Well I have to say I went to Middlebury in order to see the college with my son. At first I was not too sure about the location. However! When we arrived Gary and Zelia were there to make us feel right at home. I had called earlier in the day and let him know we were on our way up from New Jersey. Pleasant ride and beautiful place. We walked up the stair to our room. Absolutely stunning. I have to say the bed and the comforter were so comfortable I wanted to pack it up and bring it home. Gary and Zelia shared with us the restaurants that were in the area for dinner. Dinner was great but breakfast....oh so yum. Great conversation and coffee. Laid back and a perfect spot. Anyone who needs a place to stay. You have found it.

Room Tip: We had the room facing the road and it was perfect. It was a beautiful view in the morning.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank bergencountytraveler
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Gary and Zelia are delightful hosts and their B&B is uncluttered, comfortable and welcoming. Their home is far enough from the town for quiet, but close enough for a stroll into town if you don't want to drive; and centrally located for anywhere you might want to go. I need to go to Middlebury 3-5 times a year, and thanks to Gary and Zelia and On The Creek I look forward to every trip. Their low-key hospitality and a delicious, generous breakfast round out a lovely experience.

When you go, be sure to plan your trip in advance with their help, if you want to go to local restaurants (reservations are often recommended -- the area food is terrific) or catch a ticketed event on the College campus; or if you are looking for hiking or biking ideas. They are a fount of local knowledge and delighted to help you figure this out.

Room Tip: Both rooms I stayed in are comfortable and quiet. If you like to sit with a good book, though, choos...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo