“Going to Middlebury, it's a place to visit”

Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op
Ranked #13 of 46 Restaurants in Middlebury
Description: The Middlebury Natural Foods Cooperative is a democratic, member-owned cooperative committed to providing healthy, competitively priced foods while encouraging ecologically sound and healthful patterns of production and consumption. Our cafe serves a variety of healthy foods including made-to-order hot and cold sandwiches, hot soups, full salad bar, hot pizza by the slice, and many house-made burritos, salads, wraps, and baked goods in our deli grab-and-go case. You can also find fresh, hot, fair-trade, organic coffee and tea.
Reviewed 17 August 2017

One of my first things when in town is to visit the Cooperative. They have a good selection of local products including maple syrup, beers, and natural food - in addition to a range of vitamins and alternative medicine.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Awesome market with organic foods, especially Vermont products. Somewhat expensive but a good place for take out sandwiches or organic salads. Small area to eat in house. A good place for lunch.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

I've come here each time I'm in Middlebury. Cannot figure it out. Who can afford $6.99 artisanal bread on a routine basis and pricey luncheon sandwiches. But then again, if I bring my own container, I can buy great VT maple syrup at a good price. Their cheeses are superb, and local as well as distant, yet the price for fromage will limit your intake to a taste at a time. In the Washington, DC area, this excellent shop with wondrous selections of all sorts would be an upscale, expensive, boutique type deli with Mercedes in the parking lot. Here it is Suburus with crunchy shoppers and tourists like me. Do I like it? YES! Could I afford it for daily needs....nope. Just do it. It gets five stars for everything but price.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

I had a decent sandwich here once and otherwise it has been very inconsistent. Today my sandwich was dry, the bread was stale and it needed salt.
I buy most of our groceries here and it would be very handy to have it be a great café, but it isn't that good. The soups are better, as is the salad bar, so from now on I'll stick to those

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Heard this place was unique and it is! Lots of natural, organic stuff and local local local! Enjoyed just browsing and we even had some delicious bread from Burlington and homemade squash soup! Definitely worth a stop for unique groceries, gifts and lunch!