“Excellent bagels”

Middlebury Bagel And Delicatessen
Ranked #10 of 47 Restaurants in Middlebury
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Bagel connoisseurs will not be disappointed by a bagel that serves as a perfect metaphor for Vermont culture: chewy exterior with a softer but substantial interior that satisfies more than hunger. Order at the counter to go or eat in. Limited seating in a cozy diner setting with a quirky beach theme (given the location in central Vermont). Great choice for breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

This place is amazing and my go-to breakfast place! They make all their bagels, cream cheese & donuts and they'll never let you down! They serve omelets, pancakes, etc as well, which are all great. Do not leave town without going here at least three times.

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

We discovered Middlebury Bagel late in our student's time at Middlebury; our regret is that we didn't discover it earlier! Our favorites have been their bagel breakfast sandwiches with coffee, which are excellent. Everything is fresh and local, highest quality. They have a wide variety of Green Mountain coffee, from light to dark roast, decaf and full strength. The dining room is small and there can be a wait at times during mid-morning. Cash is king - they do not accept credit or debit cards, and have an ATM beside the cash register to facilitate their cash only policy.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

I stopped here because of the glowing reviews. We had a good meal and a decent experience, but I definitely wouldn't put it at 5 stars.

My mom and I got bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches and my dad got blueberry pancakes. Service was friendly but really slow, especially considering that it was near empty when we were there (think about 25 - 30 minutes to get our food). The food was pretty straightforward and tasted good - nothing special, really a standard bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on a bagel. I think that A-OK just about sums it up.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

My family and I went to this little bakery for bread but came out with a variety of desserts including cookies and a chocolate raspberry torte that was to die for! Very small place, so you have to make room for others, but for a small place, such a great variety to satisfy even the most particular sweet tooth!