“Just an average diner.”

Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Diner has been serving locals and visitors for almost a decade with homemade comfort food at a great price! Breakfast all day and the best milk shake in town -be sure to stop in and see us soon!
Reviewed 2 September 2017

My husband and I stopped here for breakfast. He wasn't impressed with his eggs and homefries. I had oatmeal with fresh fruit and nuts which was fine - it was a very large bowl and I couldn't finish it.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Skipped the hotel and walked to this diner. Standard breakfast made the way I wanted it with egg whites et al. Rather quirky in that they charged me for their chef made hot sauce, which was good...but who charges for hot sauce? Pleasant wait staff. I think I was the only non-resident which gave it a comfortable feel/vibe. I like breakfast in diners and am pleased Middlebury has this one!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

Since our hotel didn't include breakfast, we decided to try the diner and were very glad we did. The very complete breakfast menu offered a variety of choices. The hash was especially good. But, what was most memorable was our waitress who was friendly, attentive and a lot of fun. We had planned to return before we left town to sample their maple milk shake, but didn't have the room after a filling lunch at the Otter Creek Bakery. That will be for a return trip to Middlebury..

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Breakfast at the Diner is the best around! The staff is friendly and helpful, as well as very efficient. Their loaded homefries of potato, cheese, onion, and bacon are so tasty. When I have eggs, they are cooked perfectly. So good

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

It's ok. The menu is ok, but not extensive nor imaginative. The service is ok, but not real focused as to why they're there. It's a diner which serves breakfast, gets it done, then closes. It's ok.