US$130
US$111
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$167
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

Hilltop Inn(Montpelier)
US$67
US$65
US$200
High Hill Inn(Montpelier)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$89
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2017

It was about 6:30pm when we checked into the hotel.. We just registered, but did not go to the room because we wanted to eat. When we did get back to the room and went in we got quite the surprise. The carpets had very obviously not been vacuumed, the waste baskets had not been emptied, the bathroom had not been cleaned and the toilet was disgusting. On the flip side, the beds were made and they did seem to be clean. I went to the desk and the clerk said they had had a problem with housekeeping that day. She also told me when I registered that there were no first floor rooms available because they had a problem with housekeeping that day. She offered me another room key and I said I would go check it out. My husband and I looked at this room and it seemed to be okay. Everything appeared to have been cleaned. We did agree to this room. As Montpelier is the capital of Vermont, I was surprised at the availability or I should say unavailability of hotels there. On the night that we were there, The Capitol Hotel and Conference Center quoted us $199.00 and then there was the EconoLodge. There was a Comfort Inn about 10 miles away and that was fully booked. I only wish that I had read the other reviews before we agreed to stay there.

Room Tip: choose another place to stay
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rita P
Reviewed 17 October 2017

After a long day traveling, it was late when we arrived in Montpelier. Checked online and this place seemed to offer good lodging at a reasonable price so we reserved our room. We found it located up a hilly, under construction, residential street lined by houses that looked like they needed rehab. The desk clerk was pleasant. That was the best of the visit. Although we were assured our room was non-smoking, it reeked. Thankfully some essential oils helped with that. I had to dust the room including the baseboards, desk, walls, and mirror, the bed spread on one bed was dirty, I washed the bathroom walls which had what looked like toothpaste splattered all over, we put towels on the floors to avoid having to walk on the carpet, and we had to put a towel down in the tub because the non skid stickers on the bottom were black. Breakfast was a bagel. Room was way overpriced for the condition it was in. Never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank grammy2jjmk
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Stayed 1 night Oct 2. Somehow booked accessable room which we didn't need. Offered to switch rooms in case someone with a handy cap needed it. Clerk wouldn't change it because there was a price difference. Turns out the only thing that made it accessable was a small bench to put in tub. There was a an old filthy arm chair too close to the door so a wheel chair wouldn't have gotten in any way. We wouldn't touch the chair it was so dirty. The carpet was stained and filthy, we wouldn't take our shoes off until we went to bed. The room had a bad musty smell which they tried to mask with some kind of stinky deoderiser. Only good thing was the bed was clean and comfortable. Will never stay there again. Choice Hotels doesn't have very high standards if they let this hotel use their name. I should have read the reviews before booking, but have always had good luck with econo lodges before.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017

First room had a severe mold smell. Second room was sprayed with cologne and seemed acceptable. Until, we took a shower in a shower that hadn't been cleaned and there were spider webs in the corner behind the door. The baseboards had a noticeable layer of dust, just a crap hole! AND, they had the balls to charge $170 for the room.

DON'T STAY HERE!! Sleep in your old vintage rusty car instead. Choice Hotel Group should be ashamed of allowing this level of hotel in their portfolio.

Room Tip: Here your tip.....stay anywhere but here
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

After 12 hours on the road we were just glad to find a place. Although obviously built in the 70s and it's related cracks and wrinkles the staff was friendly and steered us to a great nearby Italian restaurant and it was clean and quiet. Just what the doctor ordered.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family