US$127
US$67
US$99
US$230
US$209
High Hill Inn(Montpelier)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$89
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

US$98
US$86
QualityInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
US$206
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 December 2008

I stayed here with my parents during Thanksgiving as we were visiting cousins in the area. As we pulled up to Betsy's, we saw there was a room above the garage and joked that that was going to be our rooms. Guess what? It was. It was two small rooms and a small living area above the cluttered dirty garage. To say it was a depressing site... well, it was dingy looking, small and well, just sad. Betsy calls it a 'suite'. It was two teeny tiny bedrooms with one bathroom separating them. And do not expect a clean nice shower with that.

I am an animal lover, so her puppy dachsund was the highlight of the place in my opinon. We had breakfast in her main house where her kids hung out in their pajamas and cleanliness is not the theme of the house. Breakfast, normally my favorite meal, was less then desirable.
Also, if it is icy, and you are staying in the garage 'suite' wear good traction boots as you have to walk down step outside with no handrail.

Overall, I would not recommend this B&B, if you can find any other place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank clearbluewater11
Reviewed 17 November 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at Betsy's. On the web site there was no mention of animals in the B&B. We declined to stay at another B&B due to cats being advertised there. I am highly allergic to cats and dogs. Even though the animals were kept in the one Victorian home, there was hair all over the area rug and the furniture along with dust in the parlor where we were staying. I could go on and on with my disappointment in this place but I feel you'll get the point.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank bilntaz
Reviewed 1 May 2008

This is a great place to stay and an excellent value for the biz traveler (I travel 50% per year in New England states). Warm and cozy family setting. Clean, pretty and the place even smells good. Wireless is free, fast and without problems. (It's walking distance to everything, including A+ bakeries and restaurants, banks, bookstores, copy shops, the works. Montpelier also has fun shopping to bring home presents for Mom and kids.) Fresh airy spaces, well-lit. Fantastic reading chair in my room (#3). You can control the heat and fresh air in your room, which is a huge plus for me. It's quiet all day and night, with passing cars at the usual rush hours. Today is April 30, and there were two snow showers on the tulips and daffodils. I consider this place a real treat for myself, and believe me, I've seen it all. (Frankly, I don't understand a few of the other comments I've seen here about Betsy's, and I'll let it go at that.)

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 30 April 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at Betsy's B&B and it was a negative experience. The front porch had heavily soiled furniture and cushions and there was much clutter that needed to be removed.

As we entered the B&B and saw the carpets, they were heavily soiled to a dark gray color. This coloration went on through the foyer, into the living room, and only faded as we went up the stairs approaching our room.

The living areas were highly cluttered with nicknacks and family
memorabilia which were in dire need of cleaning. Betsy herself gave a lukewarm welcome and did not seem to know that we were arriving despite our recent call for directions.

We stayed in room #2, which did appear to be vacuumed. The furniture was nice enough but the room was in need of decorating. There was a soiled hand-written envelope on the nightstand soliciting tips. There were electrical outlets missing their proper plates. The television was very small - possibly 7" screen.

The bathroom had mold around the tub. There was a poorly placed un-curtained window in the ceiling which looked directly onto the commode and our entrance/exit to the bath and then into the neighbor's window. The blow dryer blew only cool air.

I did not feel comfortable enough about the cleanliness to eat
breakfast at the inn.

It was unclear as to what areas of the inn were for the guests and what areas were private for the family. It seemed as though all areas outside of our room were for the family's private use although the web site stated otherwise. When we requested use of the inn's tv room, the family demonstrated precedence over its use.

All in all it was a very unhappy experience for us.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mtom3x0
Reviewed 19 October 2006

We stayed in Room 2 and it was very comfortable. The decor is antique - I felt like I was sleeping over at my Grandma's house! The breakfast - OH WOW! When we sat down, a large coffee cake and some sort of cobbler was already on the table. We were offered a full, made-to-order breakfast, including waffles, sausage, eggs - the works! I ordered oatmeal and got a heaping bowl of "specialty" oatmeal - the grains were cut with blades. It was delicious! We really enjoyed the conversation with other guests during our meal and one of the owners came and sat down with us to "shoot the bull", also. Betsy is from Texas and is as sweet as Apple Pie! We waddled out of the place with big smiles on our faces! -Glenn & Karen Matthews

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple