“Make this place a stop on your trips through Vermont”
Review of Putney Co-op

Putney Co-op
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Putney
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My wife and I travel occasionally up I-91 to northern Vermont. On our trips north, we always make sure to stop at the Putney Co-op. Last time we visited, I wanted to order my usual--a turkey club sandwich--but there were several people gathered in front of the made-to-order counter. So, I headed over to the serve-yourself food bar ($9/lb, I believe) and put together a delightfully assorted lunch. There is seating inside and outside, and a clean restroom. Judging from the casual conservations among the staff and customers, it is clear that this is a local hang-out. My experience is that such places are very pleasant to visit, and the Putney Co-op does not disappoint in this regard. Only a minute from I-91, this is a great place to take a break from driving. In the summer and autumn, there is a community garden next door, which is a wonderful place to walk through, even if you're not a gardener.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This is a classic Vermont co-op with organic fruits and vegetables and a variety of packaged goods and prepared foods, but the reason to come here is for the made-to-order counter, where you can get terrific breakfast sandwiches, paninis, grilled sandwiches, etc.

There are prepared foods as well in a refrigerated section, but they are not cheap, and I would advise you to check the dates. On the day I was there it appeared that many of the prepared foods were 2-3 days old. My made to order sandwich, however, was fantastic.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I purchase my spices in bulk, and did not have time to go to my usual source, causing me to stop at the Putney Co-op. I was pleasantly surprised. It is definitely one of the small co-ops I have shopped. I was able to find exactly what I wanted and a little bit more. I had contact with the Produce manager, John and the cashier who were both very friendly and helpful. I would return again, it had a warm neighborhood feel to it.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

This was a fabulous stop! Not only were we able to do local shopping, but the food was fantastic! Also located in a beautiful area.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

The order taker was incredibly rude, with an I-don't-give-a-sh** attitude. We ordered then canceled and left. Seemed like it could have been an otherwise nice experience.