“Good food, confusing pricing.”
Review of Katy's

Katy's
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Putney
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Katy's Great Food is an eclectic mix of American and international with a flair. Casual elegant atmosphere,house made desserts and confections. no fryolator, Vegetarian and gluten free options, full service, Beer, wine, spirits and house made premium sangria
Reviewed 10 October 2017

As a local, I've eaten here several times since the restaurant first opened. The food has always been consistent, even in the early days when the service was pretty spotty. The hours have shifted a bit and Katy's seems to have found its footing in the lunch/dinner arena.

In spite of enjoying my meals here, I always find myself scratching my head over pricing. I am not one to complain over the cost of food, and am usually the person who justifies small, local establishments pricing things a bit higher to keep up with overhead and the expense of serving food that doesn't come off a Sysco truck. That said...$14 for a veggie burrito? The price jumps to $19 if you add chicken. To me, that just doesn't add up. Pricing for lunch items seems a bit more in line with local norms, but dinner can be an extravagant affair for a place that offers such a no-nonsense menu.

Don't let it stop you from eating there, but it bears mentioning.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Just had the most amazing meal! I had PEI Mussels Clam Marinara. Couldn't stop sopping up every last drip with wonderful bread! Staff very friendly. Husband had a quesadilla and loved it. All ingredients so fresh. Can't wait to become a regular!

Katy A, Owner at Katy's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for your well wishes and kind words
Hope to see you soon

Katy

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Got off the highway and stopped here for lunch. Great choice! Turkey Cranberry Sandwich. Husband loved the shrimp and noodle lunch special. Just a great place to enjoy a bite and stretch our legs.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Menu mainstays are pretty reliable but try the daily specials. They come up with some interesting combinations and they usually work.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Wow don't know what's going on with this place. Have enjoyed it in the past but tonight we ordered grilled shrimp and noodle specials and were served raw shrimp. It was still translucent when plated. Asked for it to be cooked and it came back still partially raw. Decided to go for the burger instead and that was served with a cold and raw center. The chef/owner visited another table and I saw him wandering outside but not a word to us. We've always had good food and we brought some friends tonight and while their food was good I left hungry and disappointed. The place wasn't even crowded. I felt sorry for the waitress she is always so nice.

1  Thank Mark B