“Fantastic find”

Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Katy's Great Food is an eclectic mix of American and international with a flair. Casual elegant atmosphere,house made desserts and confections. no fryolator, Vegetarian and gluten free options, full service, Beer, wine, spirits and house made premium sangria
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Katy's is literally down the street from us and we hadn't tried it. Not sure why but we didn't until recently. On a whim more than anything. The food was fantastic. As a vegetarian, there were great options. My husband is a meat eater and raved (which he never does) about the ribs. And my daughter loved the mac & cheese. We've gone back already and we'll continue to do so.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We've stopped in for dinner at Katy's twice now (two weeks apart) while passing through Vermont. Each time, we were greeted and seated quickly in the cozy dining room, complete with music, flowers, hanging baskets, paper lampshades, and wall art. Despite the limited menu options, we were able to find items that appealed to us. The bread and our meals were wonderful with fresh ingredients and great flavor. The reason that I am only able to offer an average versus excellent review at this time is that each time we were there, the service, although friendly enough, was somewhat lacking. There was no follow up to ask if everything was okay during or after the meal, no offers to refill waters or bar drinks, and the check was slow to arrive and even slower to have the payment picked up and processed, with no real thank you or pleasantries as we were leaving. Each time there were others around us that were clearly a bit annoyed as they were trying to flag them down to get their attention. (keep in mind that that it wasn't super busy at either visit. If it was, you could understand them being a bit slower but that didn't appear to be the reason. It truly appeared to be more of a lack of understanding or concern about what a good server does.) The other thing that lessens the rating a bit is the portion to price ratio. The portions are a bit on the small side, while the pricing is on the high side. I think they would need to bridge that gap a little on both sides for us to feel like it was really worth visiting again. If the prices were a little bit lower and/or the portions were a little more generous, or if the servers were trained to put in a bit more effort, I could easily adjust my rating to very good. If both the pricing and service improved, I would absolutely jump to the excellent rating that I really wanted to give. Overall, Katy's is a cozy little place with great food that could be an absolute gem with some price adjustments and staff training.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

As a local, I've eaten here several times since the restaurant first opened. The food has always been consistent, even in the early days when the service was pretty spotty. The hours have shifted a bit and Katy's seems to have found its footing in the lunch/dinner arena.

In spite of enjoying my meals here, I always find myself scratching my head over pricing. I am not one to complain over the cost of food, and am usually the person who justifies small, local establishments pricing things a bit higher to keep up with overhead and the expense of serving food that doesn't come off a Sysco truck. That said...$14 for a veggie burrito? The price jumps to $19 if you add chicken. To me, that just doesn't add up. Pricing for lunch items seems a bit more in line with local norms, but dinner can be an extravagant affair for a place that offers such a no-nonsense menu.

Don't let it stop you from eating there, but it bears mentioning.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Just had the most amazing meal! I had PEI Mussels Clam Marinara. Couldn't stop sopping up every last drip with wonderful bread! Staff very friendly. Husband had a quesadilla and loved it. All ingredients so fresh. Can't wait to become a regular!

Katy A, Owner at Katy's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for your well wishes and kind words
Hope to see you soon

Katy

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Got off the highway and stopped here for lunch. Great choice! Turkey Cranberry Sandwich. Husband loved the shrimp and noodle lunch special. Just a great place to enjoy a bite and stretch our legs.