All reviews full kitchen tennis courts separate buildings queen suite several buildings waffles home away from home pull out couch great place to stay rutland killington complimentary breakfast would highly recommend this hotel green mountains cookies would stay again up to date beds were comfortable
Reviewed 24 September 2018

This is hotel with 5 buildings each building having its own laundry and the units were clean and kept clean. The buildings are separated from each other. The breakfast at the registration building was exceptional. Everything you could want for a breakfast was there. The buildings are made of wood and because of this the movement of the upstairs guests could be heard occasionally. The only problem I found with the hotel was the shower. There was plenty of hot water and pressure was fair, but when someone else was using their shower it could turn cold fast. My opinion is because the hot water tank was for multiple units and this was the only issue I had with this hotel. Being a senior I am glad that I had the first floor of the two story buildings, no elevators. The walk was not bad and they had an outside saltwater pool as well. Gym was in the reception building.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2018

BW Rutland is an excellent option in the central Vermont area. Clean, up-to-date rooms and a decent breakfast. I was upgraded to a suite and it was exceptionally nice. We'll be back again next year!!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
David C, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review my property, J5310Fljohnk. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in what they do every day, and we have been awarded top scores for cleanliness by Best Western for the last 9 years in a row. We recently began renovating our property with new carpet and bathrooms in all guest rooms as well as new kitchen appliances in all 56 suites, and it is great to know that our guests are enjoying the new designs. We subscribe to the old adage that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that our guests should start the day off right! We offer options that can please many from hot waffles and scrambled eggs to freshly baked banana bread and an endless supply of Green Mountain Coffee.

I hope that you will visit us again, and sooner than next year!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We booked a last minute trip over Labor Day and stayed in a suite to suit the family. We were so pleasantly surprised at all the amenities at this hotel. The room was huge and nicely furnished - perfect for a family with 2 young children. We had a blast at the pool (heated) and exploring the grounds with the playscape. We used the grills and the picnic tables for a holiday lunch and let the kids run feral on the tennis courts. The grounds and the room were clean and well kept. The complimentary breakfast was a great extra. We have never been there before but would definitely consider going back with friends!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review my property, NealieNewberger! I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your Labor Day Weekend stay with us. With our condominium-style setup, we are such a unique property and lend so well to families that want to get away and have the true Vermont experience! The suite is perfect for families, at 910 sq. ft., and offers a full kitchen, living room with a sleeper sofa, dining area, and separate bedroom with two queen size beds. Set on twelve beautifully landscaped acres, we offer a playset, tennis courts, and a heated saltwater pool for our guests to unwind and relax during their stay with us.

I hope that you will visit us again soon with your friends!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We totally enjoyed staying here. Very peaceful and quiet here, situated in the countryside, but within Rutland city limits. There is nothing better than driving a long trip and being welcomed with coffee, lemon water and delicious chocolate chip cookies! Staff went out of their way to accomodate guests with disabilities. Lobby is full of rainy day things to do - books, puzzles and the two computers in lobby worked great and so did the Wifi in the units. An excellent city break for city slickers.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review my property, Avis. Our location is truly an asset to us because we are within just minutes to all of the great shopping and restaurants that Rutland has to offer while still giving our guests the feeling of "the country" and a true Vermont experience! Our 24 hour front desk has hot coffee, lemon water, and activities as you mentioned for the times that guests don't feel like leaving. The freshly baked chocolate chip cookies each night at 8PM are a treat that we love as well! We also have tennis courts and a heated salt water pool during the warmer months!

I hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed here several times in 90's and was always great. All these years later it is still great. Rooms are updated and clean. We stayed in suite so we would could cook meals if needed. Nice patio off the living room. Only problem our screen was ripped so couldn't leave door open at night with out bugs coming in. Front desk and house keeping friendly and helpful at all times. Morning breakfast had something for everyone to enjoy, and milk and cookies at 8 pm was a hit with my son. We will definitely be back.

Room tip: 1st floor rooms you will here people walking above you a little bit.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review my property, Valerie. I am so happy to hear that you have returned and enjoyed our property twenty years later! Our staff takes great pride in what they do here every day, from the front desk to housekeeping to our maintenance teams and I am elated to know that our guests can see this too. Our breakfast is quite substantial each morning and can please just about anyone with hot scrambled eggs and make-your-own waffle stations, to the homemade banana bread each morning. I am glad that you mentioned the screen door on your room, we have fixed that for our future guests.

I hope that you will visit us again sooner than twenty years from now!