“Penny pincher”

Warners Snack Bar
Ranked #28 of 51 Restaurants in Saint Albans
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I went there with my family for dinner. We ordered several cheeseburgers, chicken tenders, French fries etc. A basic drive-in dinner for a family of five.

My 3 year old daughter wanted just plain noodles. I saw they had spaghetti with meat sauce on the menu for $6.95. I asked the teenage cashier if I could get a very small plate of just plain noodles. She didn't know the answer and so turned around to speak with the owner who was cooking burgers. She asked him if we could get a small plate of plain noodles for a small child and he said yes but the charge was still the same as the full plate of spaghetti and meat sauce. I explained to the owner that my daughter would eat maybe two or three forks of plain noodles and that $6.95 seemed a bit high for that amount of plain spaghetti noodles. I am a wealthy man, and the price of $6.95 is nothing for me. But I don't pay stupid amounts for something no matter what the total is. He absolutely refused to budge and so we left after cancelling the rest of our orders. I will never return. I hope no one ever goes to his establishment. Stupid should be rewarded with failure.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This snack bar has great food and is one of the cleanest best run Restaurant you will ever visit. A+++

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Prices are not what you'd expect for a roadside snack bar--they are more like table and wait staff. The owner is not the most friendly guy in the world and the food seems to be an extension of his personality. The food is average at best, and not so much at its worst.The ice cream is typically freezer burned and icy. The staff seem harried and overworked, but with a bit of attitude. I would agree with the reviewer that said there are other, better, more affordable options very nearby.

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

The food was alright but way too expensive for what you get. There are much better places to go, like McDonalds or BK right down the road.

1  Thank vt2europe
Reviewed 27 October 2015

The place is open early spring to early fall.We've taken our boys there for years. Now when they visit, we'll go Warners. Nice to have a non franchise, clean shop with great food. If there's anything to criticize, it's too many choices. Superb milkshakes ( if you order them thick), great salads and excellent burgers and fries. The prices are a little higher than the franchises but the food is better.

1  Thank CowdocatSA