US$170
ComfortInn
Rabbit Hill Inn(Saint Johnsbury)
US$269
  • Breakfast included
Colonnade Inn(Lyndonville)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$99
Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center(East Burke)(Great Value!)
US$149
Eastgate Inn(Littleton)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$100
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleananthony's dinerheated poolfridge and microwavenice poolsmall towntwo queen bedspleasant stayone night staywhite mountainsnortheast kingdomnew englandbalconymotelsinksacademyconvenience
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The lady checking us in was very friendly. I wish I could remember her name. There were several people checking in when we arrived all of whom she checked in quickly. She offered suggestions for dinner and gave people ideas of which would have shorter or longer waits on a Friday night. The room was clean, very large, had a separate area with a refrigerator and sink, a balcony and something I liked - a recycling bin. It was surprising how much I was able to put in that instead of the trash. Breakfast wasn't included but they had some fruit and mini muffins available in the morning. It was a pleasant stay at a nice motel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Fairbanks Inn because they did not require the 2-3 night minimum stay that other hotels required over holiday weekend (Columbus Day). We were pleasantly surprised at its cleanliness & traditional decor. We had an "around to the back" ground floor room. It was very quiet. Bed & linens were good, bathroom was standard, but very clean. A group from tour bus also staying there. In room coffee as well as minimal continental breakfast provided near check-in desk. A good place to stay if you're "just passing through."

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

3 o'clock check-in is understood. My wife and I traveled 4 hours up from the other side of Boston for a 3 O'clock wedding up towards the Canadian border. We arrived shortly after noon and needed to freshen up and change. They went out of their way to accommodate us and were checked in within 10 minutes. Nice folk!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My wife & I needed a convenient place to stay for Parent's Weekend at St Johnsbury Academy, and Fairbanks Inn fit the bill, and then some! Besides being very convenient to the school, it was close to other sites we wanted to visit, such as Dog Mountain...

We'd read the reviews in TripAdvisor and, frankly, didn't find any of the negatives we'd seen mentioned: the hotel was clean & everything seemed in place & worked properly...and the Front Desk couldn't have been more helpful...we'll definitely stay there next time we plan to be in StJ (and next time we'll bring our Golden Retriever...we didn't know the Inn was dog friendly!)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 1 night here in August for a 2 day trip in the Northeast Kingdom. Upon arrival we were met by a non functioning ceiling light, and the smell of our neighbor's marijuana habit permeating the wing. Checking in was painless, so no complaints there.

The room looked like it was partially updated, but corners were cut to save cost. The mini-fridge stopped working overnight, and the HVAC system is inadequate. Thankfully, it was a cool 39° night, so we just left the sliding door open to the deck. Additionally, the tap water from the kitchenette sink smelled like mold.

We had watched tv right before bed, and woke to find that the tv was no longer working. I only cared because I had watched Hurricane Harvey make landfall before bed, and I wanted an update on happenings down in TX. The cable box had power, but not the tv as they were plugged into 2 separate outlets. A quick troubleshooting of electrical outlets, and plugging both components into a working outlet fixed the problem. A separate electrical outlet miraculously lost power overnight, leaving us to guess which outlets to use to iron our clothes. For some reason the same outlet we used the evening prior was not working.

In total, 3 outlets lost power, a ceiling light never worked, the bed was terribly uncomfortable, the tap water smelled stagnant, and the price was a little too high given all the inconveniences. Checking in and out was painless, and the location right off VT-2 is perfect. If you're going to spend $151.51 on a room, make sure it's not at the Fairbanks Inn.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple