“Restaurant at Spruce Peak”

Spruce Peak at Stowe
Ranked #22 of 66 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Owner description: Smooth and gentle runs make this Stowe area mountain ideal for children and first-time skiers.
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I am a frugal skier, but at least once a trip I have lunch at the Spruce in the lodge. Its a upscale food court with ski lodge prices, but the exceptional view and flow of visitors make it
worth the price, Family had a varied lunch from great salads to pannis. Of course craft beers
are available, Try a fiddlehead. If I am without the family, the small bar facing the mountain is a great spot for a cocktail and conversation. The courtyard outside has an ice skating rink,
and seating if some air is needed. Great upscale experience to see how the other halve lives.
You will probably find me usually with a PBJ, skiing ski club appreciation week for $46, happy trails!

All reviews
in 21 reviews
"gondola"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I have seen several concerts here and it is fabulous! Only about 400 seats snd not a bad one in the house. Great acoustics! Friendly staff.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

We skied Spruce Peak on Day 1 of our trip so that we could get our ski legs moving. Short green and blue trails were the perfect warm up for other ski days. Access to the area was easy via the gondola from the Mt. Mansfield parking area. Lunch there was yummy! I had the clam chowder, my husband ate the chili; both were large, delicious servings which warmed us! I can highly recommend the hot chocolate - best and largest mugs of hot chocolate I've tasted!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

A great place to visit, even in the summer. So much to see and do. Gondola ride, zip lines, rock climbing all at the Adventure Center. Plus excellent places to grab a bite!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

First of all the place is very attractive and in a lovely setting.
This review is not about the resort itself per se.

Sixteen of us, 8 children and 8 adults went here to see the fireworks. They advertised that there would be food stalls so we didn't bring our own (big mistake)!!!! There were really only two choices of foods, pizza and salads or pulled meat sandwiches. The price of the pulled pork sandwich....$15!!!!! And it was just a normal sized sandwich on a roll with nothing on the side. My husband unwisely bought it and it was pretty much a fat sandwich. A Caesar salad with a bit of romaine, some Parmesan and 5 croutons....$8, add chicken for $4 more. I was disgusted. Snack size bags of chips $3 each.

The blatant price gouging because this place is a bit remote really disgusted me. We should have known better.

Fireworks were ok.