“Great summer destination for family entertainment, Rooms pricey!”

Spruce Peak at Stowe
Ranked #19 of 65 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Owner description: Smooth and gentle runs make this Stowe area mountain ideal for children and first-time skiers.
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We ,as a family of 4, cannot stay there due to room rates but we visit every time we go to Stowe. This is a complex that has grown and developed of the last several years and they are still building ( condo's) as I speak .They have a rock climbing wall in one complex along with a restaurant up stairs ( cafeteria style) and signups for various venues down stairs across from the rock wall . I signed my 9 year old grandson for tree adventure ( I had my anxiety up on this one) and he loved it!!! He got his gear on that floor and got a free gondola ride over to the starting position .They start them off with training and put them through a basic learning course complete with a short zip line and them if one is up to it one can proceed to the adult course where they have 5 different colors for course strengths. Green ,yellow, blue, red and black! He got to red and got hung up ( no energy left) on a cargo net and they had one of their ground people simply go up and get him down. He was exhausted but happy!!! He so wants to go back and beat that course!!!! The last color black features a long zip line down.

Tree adventure try it !!!!! They have a beautiful pool as well on top of this mountain at this resort that is excellent as well and you can change on the floor that the pool is at with clean and private dressing rooms .

My wife has an account at the hotel gift shop as she always buy's hand creams. perfumes or what ever. She always visits that store as it is a ladies place more than anything! No place for roosters!

Outside they have shuffle board or lawn bowling and we try that as well . A great take and view you will love it . Room rates are outside my budget but everting else is excellent!!! Full up zip lining is available at 60 miles per hour from the top of Mount Mansfield if you wish and we held up on that last year but this year it may get a try !!!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"gondola"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2017

The skiing here is second to none in New England. We found the runs to be very well groomed and patrolled as well as anything out West in the US.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I am a frugal skier, but at least once a trip I have lunch at the Spruce in the lodge. Its a upscale food court with ski lodge prices, but the exceptional view and flow of visitors make it
worth the price, Family had a varied lunch from great salads to pannis. Of course craft beers
are available, Try a fiddlehead. If I am without the family, the small bar facing the mountain is a great spot for a cocktail and conversation. The courtyard outside has an ice skating rink,
and seating if some air is needed. Great upscale experience to see how the other halve lives.
You will probably find me usually with a PBJ, skiing ski club appreciation week for $46, happy trails!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I have seen several concerts here and it is fabulous! Only about 400 seats snd not a bad one in the house. Great acoustics! Friendly staff.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 February 2017

We skied Spruce Peak on Day 1 of our trip so that we could get our ski legs moving. Short green and blue trails were the perfect warm up for other ski days. Access to the area was easy via the gondola from the Mt. Mansfield parking area. Lunch there was yummy! I had the clam chowder, my husband ate the chili; both were large, delicious servings which warmed us! I can highly recommend the hot chocolate - best and largest mugs of hot chocolate I've tasted!