Commodores Inn
Field Guide(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$99
Hotels.com
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$104
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$82
Edson Hill(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$200
Hotels.com
Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$199
  • Pool
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$112
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$188
The Stowehof(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$88
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$200
Topnotch Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$183
All reviewscookiessmall lakeprime riboutdoor poolnew englandbit datedevery afternoonhot tubhot breakfaststayed one nightbreakfast was includedvisiting stoweski tripfrench toastpondlobbylemonade
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed at the Commodores Inn for a ski weekend with friends. The property is not too far from the ski resort (last stop on the Stowe resort shuttle) and offers decent and clean rooms. There is a ski/board equipment locked room so your equipment stays safe overnight. The breakfast buffet is plentiful for a day on the slopes. We also had the dinner buffet (with the Prime Rib special). There are two whirlpools with a sauna on one end of the property, and one next to the pool at the other end, so you can find the appropriate place to relax (if not the bar) after a long day of skiing. The lobby lounge has a fireplace (gas, not wood, unfortunately) with free cookies and lemonade/tea/coffee. The staff is helpful in calling local transport to the restaurants and clubs. This was my second stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My 8 yo son and I stayed here march 3 and 4 to ski Stowe. My son loved the place but commented that the beds are hard. This Inn is a typical old style skiers Inn. No frills. Our room was clean, and the room felt cozy but anyone wanting romance, upscale bedsheets, tasteful decor, Molton brown bath soaps, etc., will be sorely disappointed. I wasn't expecting anything like that and was pleasantly surprised at all the fresh fruit for breakfast. I got a good deal and might stay here again. My only real complaint was that there were 3 busloads of drunken college kids here this weekend who monopolized all three hot tubs and raged into the wee hours of the night. kinda brought me back to my youth though, so I couldn't be too mad. If I was 22 I would definitely come here again, and again.

Room Tip: I had the handicapped room since the rest of the inn was sold out. It has a view of a wall and the parking lot and a substandard shower and no tub. Room 116. Not recommended unless you are handicapped.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NYCityKitty
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed one night after getting a deal on an independant website, for the price we payed it wasn't bad but we would have been a little disapointed if we had paid normal full price.
Rooms were clean & comfortable but very dated!
Afternoon tea and cookies were tastym
Staff were friendly & helpful.
Breakfast wasn't included for us but we paid $10 extra each and it was good, lots of fresh fruit, some less sugar - filled cereals would be good though.
I would go again if the price was discounted but wouldn't pay full price.

Room Tip: Rooms 226 and 227-avoid, and perhaps others. They are above the lobby meaning you hear people coming in and out in the evening and the bus' engine in the morning. We were pretty tired so slept through most of it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nia V
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Each year my ski club stays at The Commodores Inn. Carrie and Bruce provide the best accomodations, food and lodging. They and their staff are always available for help and are congenial at all times. The Commodores Inn is convenient to town as the free town shuttle starts here. The Inn has a relaxed homey atmosphere. Not only do they have an indoor pool, but hot tubs and sauna. It is truly an all inclusive hotel and at a very good value. I have recommended this Inn to many people, none of whom have been disappointed.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is for the group leaders out there:

First of all - I can't stress enough how easy it was to work with Ski 93 as a tour provider - John (owner of Ski 93), personally recommended the Commodores and our trip could not have turned out better.

The rooms: clean and comfortable

The service: friendly and accommodating

The buffet breakfast and dinner: OUT OF THIS WORLD! Do not pass up the meals here. This is where the WOW factor comes in for The Commoddores Inn! I can't begin to decribe how incredible the food and service. The wait staff and dining hall managers were so helpful when trying to accommodate our large group in one location - and were prepared for a group our size. For breakfast...fresh fruit, crispy bacon, vermont maple syrup, french toast, oatmeal...etc. For Dinner - to mention some of the highlights - Beef tendeloin carved right in front of you, Maple glazed salmon, incredibly fresh salad bar, sweet potatoes....etc!!

The Bar: It has a local vibe to it. Stick around for a few and get to know the bar tender and other patrons and you will share more than a few laughs. Also, if you are looking for places to meet other ski bums, Stowe has so many just a short cab ride away.

As a group leader, at the end of the day, all I need to know is that my students are comfortable, safe, well fed, and are able to spend some R & R time in the Jacuzzi/Pool. The Commodores Inn met and exceeded those expectations for a group of our size.

Bonuses: The Stowe Shuttle (Free) services the Commodores Inn.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me through Facebook: Saade At EF or to see photos of our trip on the facebook page check it out here: www.facebook.com/efboston

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business