All reviews double sided fireplace pool table west branch romantic getaway jacuzzi tub each morning fiddleheads our honeymoon bed and breakfast new owners gas fireplace b bs wonderful hosts other guests breakfast was delicious common areas grounds are beautiful
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

My fiancé and I were having a rough few weeks and on a whim decided to leave Connecticut and book a weekend away in upstate Vermont. After some searching I came across the Stone Hill Inn and decided to try it. Let me tell you this was one of the best ideas we ever had. The only word I have to describe our weekend was perfect. On arrival we were greeted by George who was incredibly kind and took his time recommending places to eat and activities around Stowe. (His recommendations were spot on as well by the way) In the morning for breakfast we met Linda who was also just an incredibly friendly and sweet person. Needless to say we absolutely loved the owners. We stayed in the room Fiddlehead and it was GORGEOUS. The bed was huge, the decor was simple and lovely, and the garden that the rooms open to were beautiful. I also can not put into words how amazing the bathroom was. You haven't lived until you are relaxing in a huge jacuzzi tub with a fire blazing. There was also a lounge at the Inn that has a pool table, chess boards, and a chest full of board games. Marc and I spent an entire afternoon shooting pool and playing Scrabble. We even canceled our dinner plans, got take out from Pie-Cassos and ate dinner in the garden outside our room instead. One of my favorite days I have ever had. Can't rave enough and thank George and Linda enough for a romantic and just a completely perfect weekend!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Relax489549
Reviewed 24 July 2015

This is a wonderful B/B nestled in the woods off the mountain road. Owners Linda and George with the special help of Tony provide stylish large bedrooms with big well equipped bathrooms ( check out the Jacuzzi bath) . That coupled with a generous exciting breakfast. The undoubted hospitality of our hosts ensure this is a first class Inn. If you intend to stay in Stow don't miss the Stone Hill Inn.

1  Thank Anthony R
Reviewed 22 July 2015

We were heading to Stowe and needed a room. I had briefly looked over some reviews (all good) for Stone Hill Inn, so I thought I would give it a try. The price was a little on the high end, but as it turns out, it was worth every penny. I called George and he had a room available. So we took the room, not quite sure what we were going to get. After a 4 hour drive from Maine, we got there and were met by Linda who gave us a great tour then took us to our room. We were not disappointed in the least. The room was great, large and well appointed. The bathroom was large and luxurious with lots of spare towels and other necessities. The room had a great view of the grounds out back and a feeling of privacy. Bed and linens were very nice, clean and comfortable. We took advantage of the game room and played a game where we poked little balls with a stick and were able to completely avoid the holes around the edge, something like billiards, but not. All kidding aside, the place was wonderful, relaxing, and close enough to town and attractions that made it easy to enjoy Stowe. Linda and George were like family. They were friendly, outgoing, and made us feel right at home and ready to provide recommendations on where to eat and what to see. Speaking of where to eat. The breakfast Linda made each morning was sensational and left us well fed and ready for a days explorations. I highly recommend the Stone Hill Inn and if ever in that part of the country again, will plan on spending more time there. We hated to leave. And to George and Linda, great job. Thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms are essentially the same, very, very nice.
1  Thank mapgnome
Reviewed 17 July 2015

We were seeking an ideal haven for some time together as a couple. Stone Hill Inn was perfect. From the moment we arrived, we enjoyed the relaxed environment and appreciated all the little details that made this a welcoming and heavenly oasis. The room was comfortable and opulent. Linda and George (the inn keepers) were wonderfully accommodating and had excellent suggestions for dining in the area. The breakfast was scrumptious, the dining room lovely and fresh, leaving us inspired to start the day. Highly recommended for a stay that offers all the little extras.

1  Thank Julie L
Reviewed 6 July 2015

My husband and I stayed two nights at Stone Hill Inn on our way to Canada. I found the Inn on trip advisor and am very thankful for all the reviews provided. This was a wonderful stay. When arriving we were greeted by George who was kind and attentive. He gave us a tour of the Inn and provided us with information on Stowe. He then showed us to our room. We stayed in the Sterling room. I loved the room. It was large but cozy. Had a fireplace and jacuzzi. We had our own private patio with two lounge chairs and a table. We spent some time resting outside with wine when we first arrived. After returning from dinner we went to the game room where we played pool. The game room was huge with a pool table, board games, puzzles, sitting area. Off the game room outside there was a gazebo you could sit and relax. There was no shortage for quiet cute places to sit and relax. The main room when you entered the Inn had a beautiful fireplace to sit around. Must be great in the winter. We had two wonderful mornings of breakfast with Linda and George. There is so much attention to detail. The breakfast room was decorated for the Fourth of July. Stars and Stripes right down to the butter being cut into stars. Such thought was placed into everything. I have celiacs disease and have to eat gluten free. Linda was 100% accommodating. For breakfast the first day I had a pear and bri omelette. An unusual combination I thought at first but boy was it delicious!!!!! There were also homemade croissants, fresh fruit, juice, and coffee. The second morning my husband enjoyed pancakes with bananas and maple syrup. I had a veggie frittatas with gruyere cheese. Linda also had gluten free raisin bread for me which was a real treat. While we drove around we looked at other places to stay. While there were other lovely places we made the right decision staying here. It was so peaceful and ran with such love. I highly recommend staying here and I am looking forward to a return stay.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple