“After Ski meal”
Review of Grizzly's

Grizzly's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 January 2018

This was a great idea, dinner with a view. The best part it was only upstairs. The menu is great, wide spread of offerings. My Mountain Burger was delicious! Cooked to perfection and just the ticket after a long day of skiing. Enjoy

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I could sit at the bar and people watch all day!! The drinks are always good along with the friendly staff. It's great when they have entertainment! The food is pretty good, I never had a bad meal or appetizers. The prices are decent and I always have a great time along with the friendly patrons!not really young kid friendly, it's a little tight but in a fun way, my teenagers love it!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Stratton is pretty expensive overall so expect pretty hefty prices anywhere you go there. Grizzly's is no exception. The drink prices are reasonable. We all got a beer or cider to drink when we were there. They have a good selection of local craft beers. We also split the wings and the chicken cheesesteak nachos. The wings were good. The nachos were awesome! Most places stick everything on top so when you get to the bottom, the chips are bare. Not these! They were definitely worth the $18 price.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Great place for a pint and a very nice crowd to eat and drink with. You can actually start-up conversations with other riders and skiers without feeling out-of-place. In fact, myself and my Family think Stratton resort is the most non-obnoxious, low-key, yet super chill resorts of all Southern Vermont. The trails, people and the resort is one of Vermont's best kept secrets. At the base lodge (GRIZZLY'S is upstairs) you can listen to live, upbeat, local bands with an inexpensive, real NY style pizza (real New Yorkers make it in a real pizza oven to order) for under 25$ and drink pint draft specials for $5.00. Children friendly bar and restaurant. One of the most compelling displays of the tone for the scene is that I have counted the NY yankee caps vs the amount of Red Sox caps and it is always 50/50 and never an argument, which in my opinion speaks volumes about the great mix of people. Large and comfortable lodge, with a beautiful outdoor, large balcony. Huge windows looking up the base of the mountain terrain and slopes. Clean bathrooms. We love that the staff and that they are the same every year, so they feel like old friends after consistently being season pass holders since 2007...And...after all of the above, I have to say that it is one of the best apres ski spots in the World. (not kidding)
Stick with pizza and hamburgers, however the pizza is always the best deal for 2 or more people. The loaded nachos are excellent for 2 people, and not a bad price. If they still have bears claw wings, you really should try them since they are great. Some of the other menu items are good, but NYC or Boston prices for pub style food. They have an excellent selection of beer and other libations. Can have small or large groups. Plan ahead, since it gets crowded by 3PM until 7PM and try and get table by 2PM, especially for a larger group. If you sit outside bring your sunscreen, since on a sunny day you will bake out there if there is no wind. Service may be slow at items, however they are really good servers. If it is very busy at Grizzly's, please don't take it out on the servers or other staff. Slow down and enjoy the ultra-cool scene and good vibes.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I'm reviewing this place considering it as a restaurant, not just an apres ski bar. At lunch I've had the white pizza, pizza Margherita (see photo) and the chicken sandwich (skip the fries and get the kale and quinoa salad. I'm not kidding).

Service is fast and friendly when I come here midweek. I'm sure peak days are.crazy.

This is a flight above the base lodge cafeteria, if you take my meaning....