“The better choice ... ”

Verde Restaurant
Price range: US$25 - US$39
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Reserve a table on our Website. Located in the Stratton Village landmark building, Verde specializes in sourcing the best local and regional products that our area has to offer and turning them into creative and delicious dishes. Join us nightly for dinner and for lunch weekends and holiday weeks.
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Solid meals and cocktails with a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. If you want to skip the pubs and heavy foods mostly available in Stratton village - this is a good to escape to. While we found the dining room decor a bit “tired” for this highly lauded place - the food was yummy with a bit of creative flair. It does come with a high price tag (what is it with Stratton places and their high price tags?? Markups for inter?) - it was a much better choice than heavier offerings in the village. A fireplace would’ve make this place more inviting as well as a more expanded lunch menu. Would def return here for another try.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Verde has the most delicious Kale Caesar I have ever had! I enjoyed Verde so much, that I went every day during my 4 day stay in the village. Everything is wonderfully prepared. I can’t wait to visit again! Highly recommended,

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We were pleasantly surprised by an excellent dinner. Their patio is delightful, with views of Stratton MTN and attractive plantings.'Very relaxing to catch up with close friends while enjoying good cocktails and small bites. The entrees were especially good and none were over-salted (my chief complaint when we dining out.) I like the fresh fish options. They also have irresistible fries. We look forward to trying the Happy Hour oysters.
Verde is pricey, but the chef is talented and the food delicious.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I have owned a home in the area for 30 years but had not tried Verde and predecessors. but was very pleasantly surprised. My wife and I went for their midweek special of 6 dishes for $66 (for 2) and 25% off for a bottle of wine. We started with steamed mussels and grilled salmon - both of which were delicious but there were 3 unopened mussels in that very generous dish that should have been removed. Next courses were crab cake, spring rolls and Bolognese Orecchiette all of which were generous and well prepared. Pasta course could have done with less pasta. Sixth course was a large serving of yummy chocolate cake with ice cream. Service was friendly, prompt, and professional. Noise level was low. Ambience was good ( some patrons were a tad underdressed). My only serious complaint is the wine list which basically started around $60 - way too high. Close to 5 stars.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

There are times when you just can't find enough words to describe something you've experienced & this place is one of them. It's not my 1st time here, but "Oh My"...the food was beyond my palate's dream & it deserves the recognition. Appetizer was a sea scallop ceviche on a shell which was beautifully presented. A dish just light & fresh for the summer. Gnocchi ricotta w/veal & pork followed was light enough yet satisfying. The ricotta was so mildly infused it didn't overpowered the taste of the dish. You can taste the care that was put into creating this dish. Now the true OH MY moment...the homemade ice cream! When in VT, I always go to Wilcox for ice cream, but this is on another level. It's rich, creamy & dense. It's beyond anything I've ever tasted & I'm at a loss of adjectives to describe how good. The coffee & chocolate flavors are excellent, but the vanilla is the shinning star of the trio. Is it a pricey meal for VT...yes, but so worth the splurge for a delicious dining experience & service. It doesn't disappoint.