“Breakfast Treat!”

Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Waterbury
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 November 2017

The Eggs Benedict Florentine, and the Irish Eggs benedict (with hash!) are scruptious, great coffee, and grandkids had wonderful pancakes. One of our vegetarians had the veggie omelette which she said was very nice. Son-in-law had cream cheese filled french toast with strawberries!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I have stopped here for nothing breakfast and lunch en route from Montreal to Boston, and I have not been disappointed. There is a large menu, with the usual breakfast offerings, including real maple syrup, and so far everything has been delicious, including the coffee. Lunch offers great sandwiches and wraps, plus larger sized meals. Very friendly service, great overall experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We visited for late lunch. Our party of three adults plus infant (7 weeks) were quickly seated. Of course, the baby was admired - what's not to love? The menu is extensive - breakfast is served all day! My husband had chicken & biscuit, my daughter had a pulled pork sandwich, and I had tomato soup. Everything was delicious, came quickly, and we were asked if we needed anything at appropriate intervals. We'll be back!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Waterbury, VT looks like a movie set, turns out it was, for Me Myself and Irene (I think). This cafe--Maxi's--is in an old building that fits right in.

Two of us shared one order of Chloe's pancakes and a side of buiscuits and gravy, and were totally stuffed.

Chloe's pancakes are huge, stuffed with a friend egg and crisp bacon, topped with Vermont cheddar cheese, and served with Vermont maple syrup. Never had anything like it.

Amazingly good.

Buiscuits and sausage gravy was good, the sausage dominated. And while I say it was really good, my wife found the gravy a bit sweet.

The service was also great, and although it came as a bit of a surprise to be charged $1.75 for a second small cuplett of syrup, the prices were reasonable.

We will visit again if we are in Vermont.

If you are near Waterbury, I'd recommend Maxi's.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Took an extremely long time to get service and even longer to get our food. The food was good but don't recommend the French onion soup.