“A Nice Surprise!”
Review of China Moon

China Moon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 August 2017

My husband is a disabled Veteran, and we make many trips to White River Junction for his care. Inevitably, we are stuck there around the lunch hour. Since the hospital's cafeteria isn't our thing, we have been looking for something, good, fast and clean to eat at.
I read reviews for this restaurant and we decided to try it today. When they saw my husband was using a walker they offered to seat us close to the buffet tables. This was such a help!
We each had soup. His was the Hot an Sour, which he enjoyed, but he said it could be a tad spicier. Tasted great to me.
We also enjoyed the Dim Sum, Sauteed Garlic Green Beans, Egg Rolls, Stuffed Clams, and Crab Rangoons. There was also General Gau's Chicken, Pork Spare Ribs and Sushi. Also the usual pork fried rice, and white rice. There was also a nice selection of deserts, including fruit.
The staff could not have been nicer to us, and they made sure that my husband got his senior citizen discount.
We will be going back in two weeks! I am looking forward to it!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I discovered this restaurant when taking the bus to Montreal. It's next to the bus station and there's usually a half-hour rest stop as it's halfway to Boston. Now I look forward to the China Moon on car trips also. Seating is fast, the servers are friendly, and after seating and ordering a beverage you head right to the large buffet room where 4 long tables of food await. (And if you're on the bus you can take a large plate to go, sold by weight.) The typical American Chinese-style food is the best but finicky eaters will find pizza, fries, etc. I go for the dim sum, the pork ribs, the lo mein, chicken and broccoli, hot and sour soup, and then go back for a second helping and maybe even a third. :) If you've got room, there's soft-serve ice cream and a large assortment of fruit, pudding, cakes, and other desserts. A reasonable price, too. See you on my next Montreal trip!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

The food was bland over cooked and in some cases under cooked. Waste of money.
Even my 7 year old grandson commented on how anyone could screw up french fries but they did; cold and hard.
The chicken fingers were mushy inside, the dumplings were like hockey pucks. I wish we had kept driving we actually ended up going to McDonalds across the street after spending $39.00 here.
The waitstaff stood looking over my shoulder as I was signing my credit card slip looking at the tip; so I crossed it out and left nothing.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Food was decent and a nice selection. Staff a bit rude. Very slow in clearing out plates from the table which makes things cluttered when at a buffet.

1  Thank Alice A
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

As the title says, the food here is very mediocre at best. It's a buffet and I'm not a fan of that type restaurant. Warming trays, yech!