“Classiest restaurant in Bedford!”

Bedford Social Club
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Description: Come....Be social
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Not only do you get ambiance, you get a great meal, too! Prices are higher than other places in the area, but like they say... You get what you pay for! Still prices are lower than Roanoke or Lynchburg higher end restaurants. e.i. $24 for scallops, $20 for steak, highest price meal is around $35-$40 if memory serves me right. Date night is a great deal, $50 three course meal for two people with a bottle of wine even!
The Food is excellent, top notch chef! Great cheesecake and key lime pie!

2  Thank noteworks

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

A friend suggested that our group visit this restaurant. We were delighted with the placement of tables which allow you to enjoy your dinner guests conversation and not the people at the next table. Drinks were ordered and after placing our dinner order fresh hot bread was served. We ordered the salmon, tilapia and a steak kabob. The portions were quite generous and seemed to have been lightly seasoned with herbs. The vegetables could have been served a bit warmer but the taste was good.

1  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner with friends on Friday and the special was a delicious scallops dish with a hot pear sauce. What a tasteful combination.

Others in the group had other specials available and enjoyed theirs as much as I did. As someone who travels and enjoys fine food, you no longer have to leave Bedford. The Social Club offers 5 Star Cuisine without leaving the area. Simply the best.

2  Thank Doug B
Reviewed 15 February 2017

My wife and I had heard a lot of good things about the restaurant; everything we heard was right on the money. We had a warm, genuine greeting from one of the owners, Lauren. The ambience was to our taste, soft sophistication, with a dab of funk. The service was excellent. A slight mistake was made in regards to a salad we ordered. Instead of just a quick apology, the staff went above and beyond, and didn't charge us for a dessert. (That's what I call class). My wife and I both had a spinach and cheese in light dough for an appetizer. She had the grilled grouper, and I had the seared scallops for the entree. The desserts, and all of the above were excellent, including the martinis. The prices were surprisingly good, and much cheaper than what one would get in Roanoke and SmithMountain Lake. One constructive criticism, if I may, learn how tho make a proper Irish coffee.
Jenny and I will be eating at The Bedford Social Club regularly.

1  Thank John and Jenny J
Reviewed 21 January 2017

What a pleasant surprise awaits you in the town of Bedford. I found it worth the drive from nearby Lynchburg. The special touch of receiving a phone call from a real person from the restaurant to confirm my reservation beats an automated email any day! Then there was the meal. I ordered the Szechuan Happy Family entree (cute name) consisting of chunks of pork, chicken, and medium shrimp, mixed with fresh vegetables over rice. The taste was enhanced with just the right amount of spicy sauce that did not overpower the different meats. I found the offering to have an ample amount of meat, which is not typically found elsewhere. The only knock I have with the Club is their short list of Scotch offerings of only 2 single malts. I like single malts as an after dinner drink, but not so much as a before dinner drink.
Though there were only a few other couples and groups eating at the same time, it became rather loud. I would attribute it to the high tin covered ceiling and attractive brick walls. However, I found the wait staff to be cordial and very conscious not interrupt my conversation.
Bedford does not offer much in the way of good or even fine dining, but this restaurant stands heads and shoulders above the other offerings. You won't be sorry you visited.