“Seeing is Believing”
Review of Crimson Inn

Crimson Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Bridgewater B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I'm not sure why there were negative reviews, but our room was spotless, the comforters were clean and so were the sheets. Considering that it was the start of the college semester, all was quiet, and the hotel staff very friendly. Oh, I bet I wasn't the only one that had to call the after hours number to get my room code...LOL. No problem, as the call was returned promptly.

If there are "cheaper places to stay", I didn't find them. When we come to this area gain to fish, we will be staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We recently spent 3 days at the Crimson Inn while spending time with out daughter at Bridgewater College. We stayed here last year and had a great time. I was concerned this year after reading the latest reviews, but after speaking with Melanie at the front desk we decideId to try it again. She told us that during a short time this summer they were short handed which caused the cleanliness problems. She promised our room would be perfect and it certainly was spotless! We really enjoy having the kitchen so we can have breakfast, snacks and drinks in our room. There is a small stove and microwave so you could cook dinner. It is so convenient not to have to eat out every meal. I definitely feel like you get more than your money's worth at this sweet little motel. It is perfect for Bridgewater College parents. You can walk to campus and there are some cute restaurants close by also. It does not have a pool or fitness center.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This hotel is very comfy and cozy nestled right in the heart of Bridgewater. They offer a very nice place to stay that includes a kitchette for those who may want a home style feeling. The only problem is the hotel staff doesn't clean the rooms daily so you may have to request necessary items such as toilet tissue. Late at night, that could be a problem since the office closes at 6 pm. For a family stay, this is great if you have necessities with you, but for those on vacation who want to feel like you're on vacation-- this is probably not the best choice. It's a little pricy for what you actually get so I suggest you shop around. There are other hotels with better services within 5 miles.

Room Tip: Call ahead, make sure you have all you need with you, call the office for daily room service, and ch...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank L S
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Every year we travel to this area for a family reunion. Last year, we thought we'd found a diamond-in-the-rough at Crimson Inn. One year later, it was just "rough." The first room we were given was gross. The sheets looked slept in and on the comforters there were small bloodstains and food stains (I think) that looked like macaroni and cheese my kids eat. Although I am pretty particular when it comes to cleanliness, we remembered how pleased we were last year, so my husband and I figured that the last housekeeper had forgotten this particular room. I went to the front office to ask for clean sheets, and they were nice enough to immediately give us a new room. However, the new room had several small spiders on the ceiling and floor, but for $60 dollars, I thought I'd put up with it and take a shower. Unfortunately, things went from bad to worse. The bathroom floor was full of hair and more dead spiders, webs, etc. The outside of the tub had large dirt smears on it. The washrags and towels were stained (not small stains but the size of my fist). Again, I tried to suck it up so as not to inconvenience my husband, but when I got in bed there were toenail clippings and a matted wad of hair in the sheets. My husband, who is a pilot and used to staying in hotels all over the nation isn't near as picky as I am about hotel cleanliness, but even he admitted that this place must have changed management or something for it to be this dirty. We immediately left and found a much cleaner Country Inn Suites in nearby Harrisonburg. We had booked two nights at Crimson online before we left on our trip and was charged for both even after leaving. Nevertheless, it was worth the peace of mind to sleep somewhere clean. A good hotel will make guests feel like they were the first to walk in that room, in my opinion, and the least this hotel could have done was refund our money. So sad this place has gone downhill!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Thomassonh1
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This place was kind of sketchy. There are door codes and who knows how often they are changed. We showed up and the room we were given had not been cleaned yet. We were quickly given another room but still had me wondering.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank radioflyerr

Been to Crimson Inn? Share your experiences!