US$117
US$73
US$109
US$131
US$128
All reviewsmanor house restaurantsaltwater poolcrab cake sandwichbreakfast in bedthe general managerperfect distanceground level roommakeup mirrorthe chilean sea basscharming roomlovely weekendholiday weekendnorthern virginiahot tubbeautiful propertynext morningroom was large
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary dinner at the Manor House Restaurant at Poplar Springs.
We've dined there before so this wasn't our first visit. For us, it is a gem. The building old and stately, rich in history, elegant and the ambiance charming. We relish the fact that you can still find a restaurant with white tablecloths, professional and personable staff, soft lighting and a lovely table setting. Seems rare these days and Poplar Springs is tucked in the countryside so a pleasant drive to get there...like coming upon a castle in the woods.
If you want to splurge, which we did, savor the Chef's Tasting Menu. It's a five course meal with each presentation offered with an accompanying wine. The Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna and Foie Gras with a Chardonnay from Old Vine from Broad Run was particularly memorable. We were happy anyway to be dining there but this sumptuous and sensual meal was utterly delightful. Perhaps I wouldn't have paired a Jumbo Lump She Crab Risotto with a red but this dish matched with a Pinot Noir courtesy of Boutinot, specifically 'El Viejo Del Valle' was outstanding.
Foods from local farms and Virginia wines are featured. The dessert, a Chocolate Caramel Tartlet, was heaven on a plate.
Perhaps I'm overly gushing but our time at the Manor House and the meal served will mark this anniversary as a very special one.
Highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I had a voucher for an overnight and wasn't able to attend with my s/o so I decided to take my one adult and 2 pre-teen daughters with me since it was only about an hour from my home.

First the good: the bed! Oh my. Heavenly comfort. The property is beautiful and quiet. If you have well-behaved kids there should be zero issues. The grounds are wonderful with chairs and tables set at different serene areas, a little putting green, and an awesome pool area. We were starving when we arrived and the lounge in the manor house was more than accommodating, had exceptional food and service, and everything was wonderful. The staff (Megan) did a great job helping coordinate, handling requests, and everyone was very nice.

Now the "could be better": The breakfast is just ehhhhh. We didn't eat there and decided to head over for a fantastic brunch at the Manor House. I'm so glad we did. The pool was nice but it was an uncommonly chilly night and we wanted to sit in the hot tub for a bit. It was freezing. The pool was actually warmer. So sad about that.

We stay at a lot of B&B's and very high end inns and this place did well. I would definitely come again. My hope is to try the spa and have dinner at the restaurant. Winter would be nice. I just hope they heat up that hot tub!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017

ALL of the staff are amazing, friendly, professional and go above and beyond. My overnight stay was fabulous - there was live music inside and out, the food and wine were superb and the room was very nice; clean, pretty and included everything needed. The next day was heaven sitting by the pool and being waited on!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I had never visited Poplar Springs Inn and was delightfully surprised. The weekend we visited a rehearsal dinner and wedding were occurring. Happy to say that when we dined casually in the Lounge the first night ( live music on Fridays), and ordered sandwiches at the pool the next day, service was prompt and the food delicious. Every staff member we encountered was extremely polite.

Sandwiches: BLT with basil mayonnaise, and smoked turkey with apples and cranberry aioli. Yummy. From the lounge, crab cake sandwich with truffle fries, burger with cheddar & bacon, both good.

The ladies' room (& other areas) at the Manor House had fresh flowers on the vanity. Nice extra touch! There are also wine glasses and snifters available in the library room near the Inn breakfast room for guest use.

Continental breakfast featured a ham quiche along with yogurt, fresh berries, toast and muffins and homemade granola. Tea, coffee and iced water were also available all day in the Inn breakfast area.

Bedding luxurious and quiet at night for sleeping. Our guest room was spacious and clean with private sitting area. Pool was clean and not crowded despite the expected wedding. One could swim laps in this pool if not crowded. Did not have any spa treatments.

I hiked the wooded trail and soaked in the historic beauty of this property. The mature trees and idyllic grounds are awesome.

The only thing I missed was a mini- refrigerator in the room. We had a leftover half sandwich and hated throwing it out. Also would recommend a side-mount makeup mirror at room vanity. Hard to see for close makeup application.

Overall, however, this place was wonderful. It's a 17-minute drive outside of Warrenton, though, on a narrow, windy road. So be careful. Good place to STAY and relax. Highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This inn is located in a peaceful, country setting near Warrenton. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We dined at the adjacent Manor House restaurant which is an historic building dating back to the Civil War. It was lovely and reminiscent of many European buildings we have visited.
Our meal was adequate but not memorable. However, the service at the bar was excellent.
We stayed in a room on the first floor which was comfortable. The bathroom area needed updating and the grout in the sink and shower (rusty and crumbly) should be replaced. A couple of small bugs were in the sink on arrival which was a bit unsettling.
The grounds were delightful and gave off a relaxing vibe.
This is a nice place to getaway from it all.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple