US$117
US$100
US$129
US$116
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
US$85
US$109
All reviewsmanor housesaltwater poolbottomless mimosasyoung servercrab cake sandwichbreakfast in bedground level roomthe general managerperfect distancenext morningmakeup mirrorthe chilean sea basscharming roomromantic getawaylovely weekendholiday weekendhot tub
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We stayed at Poplar Springs on Saturday September 16, first we check the room, beautiful with a little porch very cute, everything in the room was pristine ! Then we took a walk, they have like 1 1/2 mile walk, very nice. The place is just beautiful. Then we went to the pool and we swim for a while, nice hot tub too. The bar at the pool was great. Then the Dinner , it was excellent everything: Service, food everything. We had the pleasure to meet the new Manager "Johnny" he was absolutely amazing! The breakfast the next morning was delicious. We highly recommend this place to stay it is great!

Room Tip: The rooms with the porch outside are very cute.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Wife and I spent the night to celebrate her birthday. Location is very pretty and the Inn itself is an attractive site. Staff were extremely nice and efficient. Room was nice but the decor and furnishings are starting to show their age. The blind on the door was in such poor condition, it was threadbare to the point that it could not block out the light. Staff offered us safety pins so we could fix it ourselves, which was not the right response. She should have offered to fix it for us. We ended up jerry rigging it ourselves, but it was beyond help. Lastly, the HVAC was either very cold or too warm. It was also very loud when on.

The salt water pool was very nice along with the built in Jacuzzi. Bar and staff at the pool were exceedingly nice and very efficient.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary dinner at the Manor House Restaurant at Poplar Springs.
We've dined there before so this wasn't our first visit. For us, it is a gem. The building old and stately, rich in history, elegant and the ambiance charming. We relish the fact that you can still find a restaurant with white tablecloths, professional and personable staff, soft lighting and a lovely table setting. Seems rare these days and Poplar Springs is tucked in the countryside so a pleasant drive to get there...like coming upon a castle in the woods.
If you want to splurge, which we did, savor the Chef's Tasting Menu. It's a five course meal with each presentation offered with an accompanying wine. The Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna and Foie Gras with a Chardonnay from Old Vine from Broad Run was particularly memorable. We were happy anyway to be dining there but this sumptuous and sensual meal was utterly delightful. Perhaps I wouldn't have paired a Jumbo Lump She Crab Risotto with a red but this dish matched with a Pinot Noir courtesy of Boutinot, specifically 'El Viejo Del Valle' was outstanding.
Foods from local farms and Virginia wines are featured. The dessert, a Chocolate Caramel Tartlet, was heaven on a plate.
Perhaps I'm overly gushing but our time at the Manor House and the meal served will mark this anniversary as a very special one.
Highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I had a voucher for an overnight and wasn't able to attend with my s/o so I decided to take my one adult and 2 pre-teen daughters with me since it was only about an hour from my home.

First the good: the bed! Oh my. Heavenly comfort. The property is beautiful and quiet. If you have well-behaved kids there should be zero issues. The grounds are wonderful with chairs and tables set at different serene areas, a little putting green, and an awesome pool area. We were starving when we arrived and the lounge in the manor house was more than accommodating, had exceptional food and service, and everything was wonderful. The staff (Megan) did a great job helping coordinate, handling requests, and everyone was very nice.

Now the "could be better": The breakfast is just ehhhhh. We didn't eat there and decided to head over for a fantastic brunch at the Manor House. I'm so glad we did. The pool was nice but it was an uncommonly chilly night and we wanted to sit in the hot tub for a bit. It was freezing. The pool was actually warmer. So sad about that.

We stay at a lot of B&B's and very high end inns and this place did well. I would definitely come again. My hope is to try the spa and have dinner at the restaurant. Winter would be nice. I just hope they heat up that hot tub!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017

ALL of the staff are amazing, friendly, professional and go above and beyond. My overnight stay was fabulous - there was live music inside and out, the food and wine were superb and the room was very nice; clean, pretty and included everything needed. The next day was heaven sitting by the pool and being waited on!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends