“Great Burger”
Review of The Burger Shack

The Burger Shack
Ranked #5 of 165 Restaurants in Chantilly
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I am always looking for a great hamburger and I found one in Burger Shack. Quality fresh ingredients, high quality Black Angus beef and friendly service from this family owned hamburger joint makes this place a winner. Its only been open for less than a year, and it has become my go-to spot for lunch when I am out in Chantilly. The Burger Shack is housed in a one room log cabin and it almost seems out of place with all the traffic on the nearby street. However once you get inside and see the place and feel the love from the people who work there you’ll be glad you stopped by. …and they will cook your burger just like you like it and put the toppings on just like you want them. Great French fries too! Best wishes Burger Shack—keep up the good work!!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My friends raved about this place so I joined them for my first experience with high expectations after reading the review. I would say it was good overall but not what it could have been. I got the Ring of Fire burger that was very good. Comes with pepper jack cheese and an onion ring and spicier mayo, but it was NOT spicy in the least. If there was jalapenos on there, as per the menu, there were so few that I don't even remember them being on there. I kinda think there wasn't any. It's possible they were out of jalapenos or something... which leads me to my second thought. I got the loaded tots and they were VERY underwhelming. No jalapenos which would have really made the dish much better, but the real problem with them was that they were lukewarm, and the cheese was cold. It wasn't that the cheese wasn't fully melted because the tots were lukewarm, but the cheese was literally still cold! Loaded tots should be gooey!!! There was either too little chili or no chili at all on them (in the pic I think it's just bacon). I know they were out of chili because I tried to get a bowl for home and they told me they were out so maybe that's what caused the problems. If the cold cheese went on hot chili it might have worked out fine haha. Anyway the tots I wouldn't order again because of it but I can't imagine it's always that way. My friend got the garlic fries so I tried that but was not a fan. I literally ate one fry and stopped. Way too much garlic for me (friend did say it's not usually that garlicy) so maybe it was just an off day.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Burger Shack offers very good, nearly excellent, burgers. We had three different ones on our visit and all were really good: cooked correctly, great buns, and tasty toppings. The fries were good if a little limp and the onion rings, frozen or no, were excellent. The chocolate shake we had was also very good. Why not 4 stars?

My comparison is Five Guys which, IMO, has the best burgers anywhere (sorry west coasters, FG beats In-and-Out every time). Burger Shack's were very good just not as good as FG. FG's fries were much better as were their shakes. Finally, the service was pretty slow even though the place was not that busy (8pm on a Sunday night). All in all, adds up to 4, not 5.

Nothing wrong with Burger Shack and we'd definitely go again for a change of pace. That said, for now, Five Guys is still the best.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

The burgers are thick, tasty, and juicy and they have a good selection of buns (although they were out of Texas Toast when we went late on a Sunday evening). There are so many toppings, you can really get anything, but they also have the suggested combinations and some of them are really different and interesting. The bacon is excellent and they have lots of cheeses to pick from. We loved the onion rings and thought they were better than the sort of average fries. The milkshakes are really good, nice and thick. So, for food, I think it's a very good choice. The only downside is the service, as it took a really long time to get our food and the place was not all that busy.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I am from Califonia, and here everyone raves about In-n-Out Burgers. This place was ten times better than any in-n-out burger I have ever had. Every time I am in town, I eat here once or twice.